1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A "different" Jesus/God

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Gina you misunderstand Hinckly's quote. He is not speaking about Smith calling him a christ (I have never heard any mormon do that). He is speaking about their Jesus and admiting he is different then our Jesus. Look at the last part of the quote where he says christ and his father apperard to Smith in a grove.

He could not have been referring to Smith in the first part.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Gina I know what you are saying and I partly agree. Saying to a Calvinist that their God is different is wrong. They do just have a different understanding of how he works. But to include Mormons and JWs to that is going to far.

So where do I draw the line between having a different understanding of God and having a different god.

For Jesus, I think, that line is at dieaty. If you denie that Jesus is God you have a different Jesus. God has certen atributes that are important. The LDS denie most if not all of them. They have a different God.

We can add Catholics to this discution. I think Catholics have the same God as we do. They believe in Jesus' divinity and believe he is part of the Trinity. They just misunderstand how God works and what He wants from us.

What the Mormons do is way different then arguing with a Calvinist, or Catholic about how the same God works.

Gina I have most of my friends, coworkers and family in the LDS church. So this is also painfull for me to realise. But I can not denie that the god and the jesus of the LDS church are imposters.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This is ridiculous. GinaL this is as close to heretical statements as you can get. I not only work with a whole bunch of Mormons who are friends of mine, but have many family members and they definitely worship a "different" Jesus than we do.

First, the God who created the Earth was not Jesus.

Jesus is Satan's brother.

Jesus is just a person like a good Mormon who became a God. He is not omnipotent nor was He the only God.

Bottom line, this is a different God than I do.

I'm not a moderator in this forum, but if I were I would lock this thread down immediately. I cannot believe this.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Ok, almost everyone here states that the LDS do not believe that the Jesus of the Bible is referring to the Jesus that was born to Mary.

And that it's a different Jesus.

Now, you believe that this is heresy of the highest order. Don't even talk about it, maybe shut down the thread, gasp, horror, shame.

Now that everyone agrees on that, and believes that the statement "The LDS worship the same God we do" is worthy of being shushed up, not discussed, called extremely heretical, etc.., I have a question.

Why is it any less heretical and unworthy of condemnation, and even approved and the speaker is not called out when they put forth this statement to another Christian:

"You do NOT worship the same God I do."

Is it not the exact same statement? Is it not saying that their god, the God of Christianity, which is the religion of everyone who posts here, is the same god of false religions, which would include LDS?

Is it not heresy to make that statement, implying that if a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior but is KJVO, or non-KJVO, or is calvinist, or is arminian, that they do not worship the one true God?

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

After further review of the OP and based upon the response to the thread subject---and upon judgement as a Moderator that appears as if the thread has a negative influence upon clear Scriptural teaching and basic Baptist beliefs and doctrines---I am closing this thread.

If OP wishes to take the subject up with a Board Administrator---feel free---but it would be beyond me as a Baptist Board moderator and as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ as God in flesh among us--not to close this thread at this moment.

Bro. David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.