1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A different Jesus/God...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

that was the name of the post I started a few days ago.

Having sought the advice and opinion of others that I have a good deal of respect for, their conclusion was that I was anywhere from wording it wrong or too strongly even if I was right to just big old wrong. But the vast concensus seemed to be, regardless of the reason, that it wasn't right.

So, I apologize for the thread. I don't totally retract it, as I still think that the main point of Christians on here telling other Christians on here that they serve a different Jesus/God is wrong, but for the parts that may have been wrong, and for the lack of ... I apparently so lack it I can't think of the word... what is it? hrm. OH! Tact. It needed more of that. Anyhow, for that part I apologize.

And no, nobody made me or requested I say it, just in case people wonder.

2. preacher

preacher New Member

Thats OK Geener....I WONDER bout ya all the time!!!!

Don't fergit...have ta luv me !!!

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Gena I dont think you said anything that called for an appology. I thought it was a good discution and agree that the phrase "not my God" is abused.

Just because somebody has a different understanding (like Calvinasts) does not mean they have a different God.

I did think that when you included Mormons and JWs you went to far in including them. They do not just have a different understanding of God. They denie all of his basic atributes. Almost everything is different and all major doctrines about him are denied and changed.

Anyway I thought it was a conversation worth having. I wondered if you may be simpathetic to the LDS group because of family or friends who are LDS members. If so I know what that is like and have had to come to terms that my family and friends both dead and alive are not Christians. It is a hard thing to deal with.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

DeeJay

If that ever becomes easy for us, then we really do need to get right with Jesus and His Gospel. Not only does He return to call the saved to the Ressurection, but He also judges the sinners. And without His Blood, no one escapes Hell. Even a really, really, really good pastor or his wife. Even if they were "great" as parents and grand-parents.

Wayne

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I agree. It is difficult to think about. But we must accnolage that it is true. It does nobody any good to pretend that they are going to Heaven, even if we really love them alot.

Pictures like this give me hope though.

[Moderator's Note: Images removed. You are not allowed to post images that are larger than the BaptistBoard.com logo at the top of this page.]

Notice the BYU T-shirt. I found this on www.bornagainmormon.com This young lady asked to be baptized after her father was baptized. In the backyard jacuzzi no less (kind of like a creek). This guy has an exelent TV program on a Utah station. He tells the truth and pulls no punches.

#5 DeeJay, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006