1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Fresh Blossom on the TULIP

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jul 31, 2021.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK I see your answer is no it is not.

Thank you for participating.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, note not one word about rich man, but plenty of off topic false claims. Go figure...

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pathetic attempt to deflect the topic and change the subject to my qualifications. AustinC cannot answer the question and so claims I do not understand the truth. LOL

LOL, so here we have a characteristic of the individual impacting entry!!! What happened to unconditional election followed by irresistible grace

If Calvinism were true, and it is not, then it would not be "hard" for a rich man. Full Stop

#23 Van, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already addressed the rich man. I notice your continued deflection.

5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I answered the question. You don't like the answer so you twist. Nothing new from you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, the claim that somewhere in the unreferenced past, something valid has been posted is ludicrous. Calvinism has once again been shown with scripture to be bogus, as it would not be hard for a "rich" man to enter if compelled by irresistible grace.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is hard to enter is an understanding of why Calvinists, when confronted with truth from scripture continue to ignore truth and cling to falsehood. It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom because something in the characteristics of the rich hinders wholehearted trust in Christ alone. Thus both "total spiritual inability" and "irresistible grace" are clearly false doctrines.

8. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van, let me know when you come to umderstand what Jesus was saying. I have shared, but still you reject. This misunderstanding is all on you.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More off topic dodging by the advocate of false doctrine. Calvinism has once again been shown with scripture to be bogus, as it would not be hard for a "rich" man to enter if compelled by irresistible grace.

Luke 18:24-25
    And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
    “For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom because something in the characteristics of the rich hinders wholehearted trust in Christ alone. Thus both "total spiritual inability" and "irresistible grace" are clearly false doctrines.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally in Adam; (1 Corinthians 15:22)
    Unlimited Reconciliation;
    Limited Redemption;
    In Christ;
    Protected Faith;

These are the on topic issues. See if anyone cites verses that support these teachings.

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should quote the entire passage, Van.

Luke 18:18-27

And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I doto inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said, “All these I have kept from my youth.” When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich. Jesus, seeing that he had become sad, said, “How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” Those who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?” But he said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

Looking at the whole, we see the Sovereignty of God alone in the redemption of all persons. God makes the impossible possible. It is God alone who determines who will be quickened (made alive) and receive the faith that justifies the lawbreaker. The rich man still wanted to enter by works and Jesus showed him that was impossible. The disciples who had been taught works salvation from the religious leaders also were at a loss to understand how one entered the kingdom if even a rich follower of the Mosaic Law couldn't enter. They wonder, correctly, how they could ever attain the Kingdom. Jesus openly tells them they cannot. Only God can make that possible.

Will you receive this truth, Van?

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Copy and pasting smokescreed will not hide that Calvinism is false doctrine.

And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
    “For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom because something in the characteristics of the rich hinders wholehearted trust in Christ alone. Thus both "total spiritual inability" and "irresistible grace" are clearly false doctrines.

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I shared the entire passage. Why do you insist on rejecting the whole passage? It must be that the whole of scripture refutes your narrow-minded, false teaching.

Romans 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A men to that. God looks at the heart this is how He knows if we are serious. The Calvinist assumes we save our selves but Jesus looks at the heart before He saves. He knows if you really believe. It's a trial a test of our faith this happens to everyone of us before Salvation is given.

Paul wrote:Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

You will notice we believe in Christ.. That we might be justified by the faith of Christ. Then Calvinist claim they are saved because of election. LOL
    Calvinist say we can't believe when it is we who first trust in Christ
    MB

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy you really are clueless about Reformed theology.

In your quote from Galatians, do you see whose faith it is?
    Do you recognize it as a gracious gift from God?

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More material false statements. No quote will be forthcoming. This poster posts non-stop falsehoods.

And note, these off topic personal insult posts fill thread after thread disrupting actual discussion of scripture.

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the first quote. I provided the entire passage and showed you what Jesus is telling his disciples. If the Bible doesn't convince you then nothing will.

18. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a very funny young man.

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On and on the falsehoods are posted with impunity.

And note, these off topic personal insult posts fill thread after thread disrupting actual discussion of scripture.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally in Adam; (1 Corinthians 15:22)
    Unlimited Reconciliation; (1 Timothy 2:6)
    Limited Redemption;
    In Christ;
    Protected Faith;

These are the on topic issues. See if anyone cites verses that support these teachings.