1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Good Result in the End

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Steven Yeadon, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have amazing news. I am going to be published as an author for the first time. I wrote an article in the field of military science, specifically strategy and tactics for amphibious operations. I submitted it to Marine Corps University Journal, and after peer-review they accepted my article.

I just finished my second article manuscript on strategy and tactics for artillery. I submitted it to Parameters, the journal of the Army War College, a few days ago for review. I am, warily, Checking my email often.

This is truly amazing. I am a man who wanted to be a military strategist and military officer in 2007. I had just graduated with my B.A. and was thinking I would join the military. I was to meet a recruiter in early January 2008. However, I became disabled in December 2007. After so many years of disability, since then, I can finally contribute to the military and help the troops!

Our Father in heaven really had a good end in mind all along! I'll see where things go from here, while I consider trying to get a job in the field of military analysis in time. When I am ready.

Thought I would share this with all of you, whom I respect for your contribution to the nation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steven, I would like to recommend that you write an article on the State Guard!

The State Guard is the back up to the Army National Guard. Specifically, the State Guard
    does NOT come under the authority of the Federal Govt other than the Compact Clause of the U.S. Constitution, under 32 U.S.C. ยง 109
    This basically authorizes States/Commonwealth to have a State Guard.

Here is a Wiki link to State Guards in general There are approximately 20 States/Commonwealths which have a Standing State Guard.
    There is also a State Guard Association - which is a non-goverment organization.

One State that is in inactive status is Florida. Your paper could explain why Florida should activate its state Guard. An excellent reason
    would be an added resource that could have been utilized during the recent flooding.
    Unit members normally are not paid for training, but would be paid while on active duty.

One thing to keep in mind - is that each state guard is autonomous (just like a Baptist church)
    The example I give to expalin this is that if you are inthe National Guard -(Say Fla) but would like to go to
    a unit in Ga, you would simply put in the paperwork- and if approved, you would simply transfer.
    With the State Guard - I was in the Virginia Guard. I then moved to NY. But before I could join the NY Guard,
    I had to be discharged from VA. Now, NY did accept my rank of E-7 from VA, but they were under no obligation to do so.

In addition, in most guards - the age for enlistment is 17-65
    Generally, Standards are not as strigent as the National Guard.

If you decide to do this, contact me, and I will assist any way possible.

Sgt Salty
    Sgt First Class
    NY Guard, Retired