1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a list of threats

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Jun 12, 2003.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Yes, there's no doubt in my mind that I would disagree with Mother T on a great many issues - just as I'm sure I would disagree with *you* about a great many issues. But the bottom line is this: if you believe in the Lord Jesus as your savior, if you are under God's grace, mistakes in doctrine are not going negate that grace. If you are under God's grace, but make mistakes in doctrine (I know I do!!!), are you lost? No, you are not. Why do different rules apply to Mother T?

2. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

I'm sorry, but this thread has turned into a "Mother Theresa" thread instead. Anyone who promotes other religions is a false prophet in the least, this has been public knowledge in her case for years. To comprimise the Truth to sympathize with other's religion is sending them on to Hell, else God is a liar and Jesus died in vain.

It would do some good to realize the blood that bought them and not intermix religion with salvation, except "pure religion and undefiled" James 1:27. This is not her case, she defiled the Truth more than a couple of times. So have most of the others originally mentioned in the thread.

In His Holy Service,

Brother Ricky

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The following is from an interview with a Catholic nun, "Sister" Ann, who worked in Kathman-du, Nepal, with "Mother" Teresa's organization Missionaries of Charity. The interview was conducted 11/23/84 at the Pashupati Temple:

Q: Do you believe if they die believing in Shiva or in Ram [Hindu gods] they will go to heaven?

A: Yes, that is their faith. My own faith will lead me to God, ... So if they have believed in their god very strongly, if they have faith, surely they will be saved.

Q: Today it does not seem that the Catholic Church is trying to convert anymore. I know that John Paul II is saying now that those of other religions are saved. You do not believe they are lost anyway, right?

A: No, they are not lost. They are saved according to their faith, you know. If they believe whatever they believe, that is their salvation.

Three pages of sample prayers are prefaced with, "You could replace 'Jesus' by 'God' if you are not a Christian" (p. 35).

Mother Teresa -- A Simple Path contains inside cover notes declaring it "a unique spiritual guide."
    In 184 pages, there was nothing stating that salvation was through Jesus alone. She wrote, "I've always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic" (p. 31). There is no attempt to let others know that Jesus is the only way. There is no hint that "Mother" Teresa or her "sisters" believed the narrow way Jesus preached (cf. Matt. 7:13-14).

"Mother" Teresa provided the classic example of compassionate and charitable deeds divorced from truth. She said that her purpose was to bring her patients closer to the "God" in whom they already believe; so that a Hindu becomes a better Hindu, a Buddhist a better Buddhist, etc.1 (Vatican II says those of all religions are somehow saved through the Church.) She told how to witness for Jesus: In an interview with a nun who worked with "Mother" Teresa , dying Hindus were instructed to pray to their own Hindu gods!2 (reported in Christian News):

"These people are waiting to die. What are you telling them to prepare them for death and eternity? She replied candidly, 'We tell them to pray to their Bhagwan, to their gods.'"

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

And yet no one will directly answer my question. ;)

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The 'mistakes' Mother Theresa made were of the most serious sort. Jesus Christ clearly stated, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME" (Jn. 14:6).

6. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Yes, I realize that. If she indeed said those things, she was of course wrong. She may have even been directly responsible for letting others die in their sins, because she thought they were saved via a different religion. *However* do these mistakes negate God's grace *towards her*? If *she* believed in Jesus as *her* savior, and thus was saved by grace, do later mistakes in her doctrine negate God's grace towards her? Basically, when I look at Mother T, I see someone who believed in Christ and who he was, accepted him as her savior, did good works, and had errors in doctrine.

What has me confused is that most Baptists believe in eternal security, yet most of these same Baptists believe people like Mother T have somehow lost their salvation by later making mistakes in understanding certain doctrines. Can anyone explain? How many mistakes on that doctrinal entrance exam to I have to make before they revoke God's grace and bar my entrance to heaven?

7. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

what will negate grace is written in romans, and that is adding works and merit to grace adding duty for part of ones salvation means no more grace. The bible answers your question but you do not seem to be listening.>>>Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then [is it] no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if [it be] of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
    Your argument in favor of mother Ts salvation even though she distorted the knowledge of who Jesus said He is, will not hold. One must believe in the real Jesus of the Bible and He said that He was the only way to God. why do you try to reconcile salvation based on what cannot be done, you cannot climb up another way like a robber. One can only pass through the door by belief in Jesus plus nothing and minus nothing.
    I do believe that if mother t was born again, then she would not of stayed in the seriousness of her error till the end

8. Istherenotacause

BrianT, to answer whther grace can be "negated", NO! Grace can neither be negated, limited, or merited, but it surely can be frustrated. Just because some one like M T has named Christ, that does not mena she ever was saved. Anyone who is saved certainly knows who God is and will definitely refuse any other.

M T's "religion" was all about works. All other religions proclaim a "works" salvation. Her "works" do NOT prove or merit grace unto salvation, else she would repent of her dead works and refute other religions in the process.

Saying "I believe in Jesus" does NOT save, else the devils who believe and tremble at the Word of God are saved too, that's not the case.

M T was the epitomy of ecumenicalism at best. Was she saved? I certainly doubt anyone who believes there are other "roads" to salvation, denying Christ, or intermingling other gods with Christ is saved, so is the case of M T.

Anyone who endoreses other religions as a means of gaining salvation due to their sincerety is
    anti-christ, so was the case with M T, does that "directly" and "specifically" answer your question?

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

BrianT: You said
    Scripture tells us:

If Mother T. did not believe salvation comes only through Christ Jesus, then Mother T., in MY opinion, was not saved.

Diane

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How long will we beat MT in her grave? Think this thread is WAY OFF TRACK and give fair warning that it will be closed unless we back off Mother Teresa

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So what IS the purpose of this thread? I'm very confused unless it's to discuss the above people and how they may or may not have mislead others about salvation and doctrine (which has to be Baptist doctrine since this is a Baptist Board).

Massdak! Good list! I'm questioning Billy Sunday but all I really know about him is what I read in our home schooling books. http://www.geneamondson.com/mission/

Diane

12. Istherenotacause

O.K. Dr. Bob who do we "beat in their grave " next? We started at the bottom of the list in "beating" , should we now move up the proverbial ladder and "beat" Charles Finney or step up a rung and "beat" (Banty Hen)? With whose club are we "beating" anyone? The club of Truth? Truth has it's own way of "beating" to death false doctrine, I use Truth as my defense, false dogma tends to attack Truth, so that indicates self defense, self defense is legal in any case, so that then makes me a legalist! Anyone who isn't a legalist is illegal. [​IMG] :rolleyes: :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

13. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

dr bob
    mother t was famous and her doctrine has enabled on this thread to show in scripture difference in salvation through faith by grace and the difference in added works. mother t is not being bashed but studied and her doctrine questioned

14. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

also as per billy sunday, testimony has it that his own children through his own family neglect was responsible for them not believing in Christ. I do not ascribe to this position that a failing father can cause one of Gods elect to be lost due to family infidelity. but a preacher who is not a good family man has lacked in his duty to preach also in my opinion.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Robert Schuller is still alive! I vote to 'discuss' his misteachings next!

The Gospel According to Schuller
    Self- Esteem the New Reformation (Word:1982)

Incorporating the new meanings given to orthodox terminology, Schuller's view of the Gospel becomes evident. He rejects the depravity of man calling it an "error" (p. 162) and "too shallow" (p. 63), insisting that salvation should be man-centered [humanistic] rather than God-centered (p. 64). This is a devious way of saying that God's holiness and His hatred of and judgment upon sin are to be ignored and only His "nonjudgmental love" is to be recognized. Anything contrary to this is rejected as being too negative. Time and again he asserts that "Jesus never called anyone a sinner" (pp. 100,126,157), that He "never puts down another human being" (p. 48). But would the scribes and Pharisees, who Jesus "complimented" with such names as "hypocrites, white sepulchres, serpents, generation of vipers, fools" (Matt. 23) agree? Would Jesus have preached repentance to those who were not sinners (Mk. 1:15)? And did Jesus not acknowledge the woman taken in adultery as one guilty of sin (Jn. 8:11)?

The next liberal lie (and another of the clichés) in Schuller's scheme is the false doctrine of the Fatherhood of God. He reiterates this theme in a variety of ways, even renaming a chapter after the concept. Schuller claims that in order to create the kingdom of God here on earth we must all accentuate the positives, eliminate the negatives, fill up on self-esteem, get everyone else to do the same regardless of creed (meaning regardless of what anyone believes), join together, and all be God's children. As he says, "God is trying … to build a society of human beings who live out the golden rule" (p. 135). This is, of course, based on the presupposition that we are all God's children to begin with, whether in belief or if we simply make people aware of their divine parentage they will automatically begin acting accordingly, what with everybody being full of divine self-esteem and all. This, in a nutshell so to speak, is Schuller's "New Reformation" idea. But Jesus said that there is a different source for our spiritual parentage (Jn. 8:44-"ye are of your father, the devil"), and that salvation is the only way to become His child (Jn. 1:12).

"such are false prophets, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ" (1 Cor. 11:13); "from such turn away" (2 Tim. 3:5).

16. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

schuller and billy graham on larry king was in conversation about salvation and it has been reported that schuller congradulated graham on changing his opinion on an important doctrine issue regarding salvation. I will do a search to see if i can find the statements

17. Istherenotacause

Maybe he should have been a major league baseball player and neglected his family that way? I wouldn't necessarily take the testimony of a preacher's children as authoritve as the whole, y'know, many a preacher's kid has been rebellious and bitter. I do agree that a man should put his family over his ministry, but by your observation, you'd have to add Charles Stanley to your list.

18. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

here is some of the interview >>>>TELEVISION INTERVIEW OF BILLY GRAHAM BY ROBERT SCHULLER. PART 1, AN APPROXIMATELY 7-MINUTE-LONG BROADCAST IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ON SATURDAY, MAY 31, 1997. THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXACT TRANSCRIPT* OF AN EXCERPT CLOSE TO THE END OF THIS BROADCAST.

SCHULLER: Tell me, what do you think is the future of Christianity?

GRAHAM: Well, Christianity and being a true believer--you know, I think there's the Body of Christ. This comes from all the Christian groups around the world, outside the Christian groups. I think everybody that loves Christ, or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ. And I don't think that we're going to see a great sweeping revival, that will turn the whole world to Christ at any time. I think James answered that, the Apostle James in the first council in Jerusalem, when he said that God's purpose for this age is to call out a people for His name. And that's what God is doing today, He's calling people out of the world for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something that they don't have, and they turn to the only light that they have, and I think that they are saved, and that they're going to be with us in heaven.

SCHULLER: What, what I hear you saying that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life, even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you're saying?

GRAHAM: Yes, it is, because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations, that they have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God, and they've tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived.

SCHULLER: [R. S. trips over his tongue for a moment, his face beaming, then says I I'm so thrilled to hear you say this. There's a wideness in God's mercy.

GRAHAM: There is. There definitely is.

19. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe he should have been a major league baseball player and neglected his family that way? I wouldn't necessarily take the testimony of a preacher's children as authoritve as the whole, y'know, many a preacher's kid has been rebellious and bitter. I do agree that a man should put his family over his ministry, but by your observation, you'd have to add Charles Stanley to your list. </font>[/QUOTE]bam- done he is on it charles stanley # 12

20. Istherenotacause

The difference I was trying to point out was Stanley "hung" himself in the article in the "AJC". Sunday was "hung" by his children for the seemingly same "mistake", ( and supposed unbelievers at that). I'd question the validity of Sunday's children, but I have none other reason but Stanley's own tongue to verify his.