1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Memorial Day Tribute .....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., May 30, 2011.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    An acquaintance of mine posted this on another forum. I just had to share it. Let's all spend some time today in not forgetting what people have done for us and the sacrifice that they paid.

I know that this man didn't die while in military service, but he is now deceased. Perhaps this should be a Veteran's Day story, but I just thought it was so good, that I just had to steal it from her and post it over here.

Original story by SLG

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I'm thankful for two groups of people:
    (1) All of those who served, and are serving, in our nation's military, and especially those who sacrificed their lives for our freedoms.
    We have the freedom to post here on BB because of them.
    (2) Those who've answered the call to serve as faithful ministers of God's Word--both at home and abroad.
    When you think about it, more than likely somewhere along the line, you probably were first introduced to His Gospel because of at least one of them.

Ultimately, however, my greatest thanks must always go to Christ Himself:
    "But God commeneth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." --- Romans 5:8