1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A MESSAGE for the ages...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 8, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A MESSAGE for the ages...

Matthew 28:6-8 - The Message (MSG)

The angel spoke to the women: "There is nothing to fear here. I know you're looking for Jesus, the One they nailed to the cross. He is not here. He was raised, just as he said. Come and look at the place where he was placed.

"Now, get on your way quickly and tell his disciples, 'HE IS RISEN from the dead. He is going on ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there.' That's the message."

The women, deep in wonder and full of joy, lost no time in leaving the tomb. They ran to tell the disciples. Then Jesus met them, stopping them in their tracks. "Good morning!" he said. They fell to their knees, embraced his feet, and worshiped him. Jesus said, "You're holding on to me for dear life! Don't be frightened like that. Go tell my brothers that they are to go to Galilee, and that I'll meet them there."

My question to you is simple: Once you receive this message, will you pass it on???

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, tonight after our business meeting was finished, my pastor called on me to preach. I took my text from Acts 1. I also threw in 1Thes. 4, and 1Cor. 15. I already had the message passed on way before you started this thread. Na na na na na na na boo boo!! :tongue3: :laugh: J/K Brother Paul. :love2:

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did you do?

:praying:...or, how well did the Holy ghost move through you, Brother Willis? From what I know of you, I can almost say that your message was a blessing to all! :applause:

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

[personal attack edited]

#4 matt wade, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well Brother Paul, I preached about 15-20 mins and then called for a song(when I get in the Spirit, I lose track of time), and about 5 mins later they started singing, and they had to sing another song. I could have stopped, but I was feeling so good in the Spirit, I didn't want to. That was one of the best blessings I have gotten in the Spirit in a while. Praise be to Him!! :godisgood::jesus:

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have You Ever Preached In a Black Church?

...I have had several good friends/fellow pastors, and we used to switch churches to give our congregations a new face, from time to time.

My first sermon in a black church was wild (good). I'd get to preaching, and something I'd say, triggered the organist and choir, and they'd take off on a musical flight. It was a real hoot. I had a 15 minute message that last three hours, and I'd never been so caught up in the Spirit and the joy of the people who loved Jesus enough to express it in song when my words triggered their joy.

Since that first time, I've preached in a black church maybe 30 times, and I tell others, what II'll tell you, I prefer it (black congregations) over people just sitting there waiting to be hit over the head by the pastor on what to do next. :wavey:

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Unfortunately not. Around here we have probably a 1% black population(maybe even less than that). I don't know why, but I'd venture to guess they wouldn't get a warm welcome, either. We are loaded with rednecks around here, and just as soon an african-american boy started dating a white girl, it would be "Katie bar the door", (an old saying around here). I'd welcome them with open arms, and others would too, but the "N" word gets thrown around a lot here, and that's a shame.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Hear that "N" Word too, but,

...it comes from the black teens who walk by my home, yapping up a storm with each other.

I always wondered why it was okay for them to address themselves with the "N" word, but a social taboo for people of pale tone colors (like us)? Strrange indeed? God bless...:thumbs:

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I think it's similiar to "I can talk about my family, but you can't" menatlity.