1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Modern Bible Study - Let's lighten it up a bit!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by AVBunyan, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Anti-Alexandrian

I find your way of displaying Bible beleivers as ignorant,backwards doofuses appauling,and totataly without merit...Not to mention I'm from the 'Saowf',and rest assured,you representation of the Southern Bible beleiver is unfounded.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find your way of displaying Bible beleivers as ignorant,backwards doofuses appauling,and totataly without merit...Not to mention I'm from the 'Saowf',and rest assured,you representation of the Southern Bible beleiver is unfounded.

But not my satire of many KJVOs. If they're intelligent enuff to believe a proven false doctrine...

And...where did I mention the "Saouf"? BUT...if the shoe fits...

What IS untrue is your representation of the KJVO as the only English-speaking Bible believers.

3. Anti-Alexandrian

You didn't.But,the WAY you presented the Bible believer is consistant with the stereotype of Southeners:Backwards,and ignorant!!

Nothing could be further from the truth!!!

4. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where did all these new KJOists come from?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect that a BB KJVO poster (I wonder who) asked for help from a KJVO posting board.

HankD

If in this above statement you are referring to me, you could not be any further from the truth. The truth needs no help. The truth stands on it's own merrit. I come here to share the truth with you all, by the leading of our Lord. I do not look to anyone's help, but His help, strength, and truth. For the one who is in me, is stronger than that which is in the world. The only one who I have asked to help me, is the Lord Jesus Christ. I have asked no man/woman to help me in what He has willed for me to do and share.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never met an intelligent KJVonly advocate. Never.

I've met many who prefer the KJV as the best English translation, but when you ask "only" - not another translation, not the Greek/Hebrew, just the Anglican Version - the intelligent ones stop far short.

Proof is on this forum. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Anti-Alexandrian

And just HOW did you come to this conclusion??

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I must admit I suspected that you had sent out a call for help, I was wrong in my suspicion , please forgive me.

However that I suspect that you are deceived in your KJVO position is another matter altogether (I am hoping you won't make me go back through your posts and make me pull out the individual points of suspected deception).

Sincere, yes. But since we both have perfect peace (I know that I do) concerning our individual positions and since we both claim the Spirit of God having enlightened us as to those positions, then one us of necessity must be wrong. Therefore, I can apologize for the first suspicion but not the second.

However, I know that part doesn't bother you because you, like me, being convinced of God, is the only assurance required.

Again, I'm sorry for the back-handed, baseless and pointless unkindness.

Your brother in Christ

HankD

8. KJVBibleThumper

KJVBibleThumper New Member

Care to say this about Ruckman? And since when do you need "scholarship" to understand the Bible?

9. KJVBibleThumper

KJVBibleThumper New Member

And just HOW did you come to this conclusion?? </font>[/QUOTE]Ditto. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. michelle

michelle New Member

Sincere, yes. But since we both have perfect peace (I know that I do) concerning our individual positions and since we both claim the Spirit of God having enlightened us as to those positions, then one us of necessity must be wrong. Therefore, I can apologize for the first suspicion but not the second.

However, I know that part doesn't bother you because you, like me, being convinced of God, is the only assurance required.

Again, I'm sorry for the back-handed, baseless and pointless unkindness.

Your brother in Christ

HankD

Thank you Hank. I really appreciate your apology, and I accept it. No hard feelings. It is forgiven and forgotten.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

11. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hank is a good guy, but he should not have apologized to michelle. She is, in short, oblivious to the truth, no matter how often it is presented to her.

It's one thing to be ignorant and wrong; it is another thing to persist in error, and there is no excuse for that.

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ruckman is an idiot I say it on this board and would say so to his face. He has done more harm then good...by a long shot.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And just HOW did you come to this conclusion?? </font>[/QUOTE]Let me introduce myself. I am a professor for years at an IFB college and teaching logic at a state college.

There are rules of evidence, logical presentations, absolutes v opinions, etc. When dealing with folks who hold the extreme kjvo position (I detailed what that is - throw out the Greek, we have the ONLY version for the English-speaking world) I have discussed it up and down.

Intelligent people will debate issues, offer proof, etc. NEVER. NEVER have I had one AnglicanVersion only willing to do so.

They lie, they distort, they claim special gnostic-like faith in the AV but do not treat the issue intelligently.

Now, I've never spoken face-to-face with their founder (Seventh Day Adventist) or their popular teacher/writer (a woman), so cannot say ALL are not intelligent. Just the ones I've met.

And especially those on the BB. These seem to be worse than average. I say that not to hurt them (they won't believe me anyway) but to their shame.

14. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Go-to-church;
    yep! I can just see my Savior saying YOU OR OR ANYONE ON THIS BOARD is an idiot.
    "idiot; a feebleminded person having a mental age not exceeding three years and requiring complete custodial care." 'Webster's New Collegiate'.
    When thou sayest a thing, knowest thou not the sense and meaning?
    C'mon now. You can read and write, just like the rest of us can. Maybe not with the same proficiency, but you HAVE demonstrated at least the basics, therefore you SHOULD know what the words you use mean. Eh?
    Jim

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Idiot would be a kind word on this forum, Jim! Most people know that to call PSR an idiot is to speak badly of idiots all over the world.

In my lifetime, I would only place Jack Hyles as a more divisive and evil influence on the Body of Christ than Ruckman. Just my opinion.

16. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know that the definition you used is not the primary definition in usage today.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I disagree totally with name-calling in a discussion.

There are plenty of errors to be pointed out on that side of the debate without resorting to calling someone an idiot, or any other name.

18. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

C4K; EXACTLY my point. Thank you. At least there is agreement between us here.
    ;)
    Stefan. um...was the 1977 edition of Webster's to "archaic" for you? Yuk Yuk Yuk!!! It IS the primary one given.
    Jim

19. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is too archaic. The English language is in a constant state of flux.

20. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. A foolish or stupid person.
    2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.