1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Moment Of Truth

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Jul 31, 2014.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    HAMel
    I liked your post. For me so far God has communicated with me through His word. I read it often and many times when I have, it seems as if He leads me directly to the answers in His word. Some times I'll hear the answers from a sermon although the sermon was based on His word.

It's true we all have a sin nature, we can't escape it until death. I believe all my sins have been forgiven past, present, and future. Christ has over come them for us because, we are no longer under the Law.
    MB

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The older I get, the more anxious I am to discard this sin nature. :jesus:

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, the validity of your personal experience takes priority over the Word of God.
    Your remarks above are devilish rd2. Maybe you need to reconsider your thoughts --they certainly were not directed by the Lord.

Anecdotal evidence is a rather poor substitute for the Word of God. You need to yield to its authority, not your personal subjective experiences.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And ....

[​IMG]

The next time I want an opinion from your kind, I'll yank your chain! :sleep:

#24 righteousdude2, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the death of Jesus cover all of those things he did badly after the tumor?

Would say, yes, the death of Jesus is enough to cover even all of that if he was saved before all of that was happening!

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of kind -- you most certainly are not. Your PM was of the nasty variety --the Sat/Nep, Robert Snow sort.

I will most definitely offer opinions especially ones that challenge your weak views on Sola Scriptura.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Agreed. A faith that refuses examination is a rather weak faith to begin with, not to mention what the reaction to said examination says as well. :thumbs:

8. preacher4truth

The above is purely subjective reason on part of the OP and has no basis whatsoever in Scriptural truth, albeit I can appreciate to an extent the empathy. I must say I doubt that this physical operation opened up this mans spiritual sin nature and made it spill over.

Stick to the Word, not personal experiences and reasoning on those experiences as Gospel truth. They're not.

9. preacher4truth

How very sad a position to be in, and how blasphemous to place experience above God's Word, which is exactly what you've done here rd2.

Peter, in writing his epistle placed Scripture above experience (2Peter 1:19) you've done the exact opposite.

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    p4Truth..., all I know is what his wife testified to regarding his life prior to the operation. For sure however, after the operation this guy was not in his right mind. Or should I say, his previous mind.

11. preacher4truth

I understand, I just flat out disagree that this is spiritual or pertaining to conversion &c.

My wife has a friend whose husband began doing this very thing, cursing his wife and others which was unlike him. They learned he had a brain tumor which caused this, of which he unfortunately died. This had not a thing to do with, nor did it affect his conversion in one way or another. John 10:26ff.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No doubt he was saved.
    Remember that in that time, that was well before the era that the LS doctrine had ever been invented. So LS doesn't even apply. :laugh:

13. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife has a friend whose husband began doing this very thing, cursing....

p4truth..., Gotcha. :thumbsup:

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right. So I wonder if rd2 will send you a nastygram for your post.

15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Mr, rippon....

Safe your little stubby fingers, and cyber space the energy because you are now on permanent ignore. Or in terms you probably understand:

[​IMG]