1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A movement who's time has come.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber1, May 6, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ralph,
    Granted, the more our children have as moral examples, the better off they are. I grew up in Mississippi in the 50s and 60s, and yes, there were Bible stories, prayer, and the pledge.

However, when we have gotten in the shape we are today, with the schools (by the way, some Christian schools I have seen are pathetic), what is the lasting standard for a child? Is it not the parent? Is not the parent charged with bringing the child up to be a independent, moral, kind, Godly person? Next the church, and then the schools on down the line. The more the better. However, the schools have failed. At the same time, we have a decline in the quality of family life and parenting skills. What is a child to do? Be at the mercy of a public school? What if they get into a bad Christian school? My only point is, with all this gone, other family memebers, and the local church must step up.

Your post is very well written and taken.

2. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Hello Saturneptune,
    Thanks, and I wish people saw the importance of the things you stated! Your post is dead on and yes the moral example with children begins at home, followed by other important places such as Church.

My point, and this in regards to the OP, is many children will never get that good example from home or may lose it. As many children come from broken homes or one parent homes with a working mother etc. An example is with black illegitimacy which runs from 70% nationally. This black author, which I happened upon, offers some good insight with some of these societal problems. It also goes to show how ridiculous A. Sharpten and J. Jackson are, as they are not leaders but truly power hungry men. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29721

Therefore, there are many children who will never get that example from home nor will they be able to get it from Church, as their parents will never lead them to it or forbid them from it. However, it was something they could have gotten in the past at school and from teachers, as mentors.
    Yes, Schools are failing in many instances today and cannot even compare to school systems of the past. This is not due to a lack of good teachers as Igpruit is such an example. I strongly believe it is because some groups sought to remove morality from it, by outlawing the Ten Commandments and teachers from leading in voluntary prayer etc. In regards to my post to Igpruit and as example, there is a College Professor being fired for simply sending out emails containing George Washingtons Thanksgiving proclamation to faculty, at Thanksgiving. And this is a University!http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/5/7/141902.shtml
    Yes, I also understand the Pledge of Allegiance has been banned or attempts to ban it from Schools. That was a good example Saturneptune.

I agree everyone needs to step up in leading children but let us not limit ourselves or fool ourselves, as some people would, in saying school is the wrong place. As it is a great place and once a part of it. What impresses me and I cannot even begin to express, is to see the efforts by many Christian youth, as they do step up in leading and asking others to Church.

Lastly, it is truly sad you have come across some poor Christian schools and I am sure they are out there. However, I think we can agree a bad Christian school is still better than a bad public school.

Take care and I appreciate your post.:godisgood:

#22 Ralph III, May 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007