1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A New Thread

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Jan 25, 2023.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So as to not appear to trample upon another thread. A and E

A. John 6:51-58 NKJV “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?” Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. “For My flesh is food indeed,[fn] and My blood is drink indeed. “He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. “This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

B. Gen 2:9 NKJV And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
    2:17 “but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” (dying thou will die IMHO)
    2:26, 3:1- 7 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; “but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ” Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. “For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
    3:22-24 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Relative to eternal life Is the tree of life representative of the flesh and blood of Jesus the Christ.

Naked A and E go down to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil where the Serpent (see Rev 12:9) is hanging out and E communes (Intercourses with) the Serpent at the tree. E is deceived A is not deceived and they eat and instantly know they are naked, and try to cover themselves. Hide their nakedness. From who? God? Is the shedding of blood, drink of the blood of Christ, necessary for our being covered?

Was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil representative?

Is there only one way unto eternal life? Has there ever been another way unto eternal life? In the garden of Eden what was that way going to be? The Son of God come of woman, the virgin? Could being naked and unashamed then eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and immediately knowing you are naked, something sexual between A and E have adulterated what was to come of woman? Did Eve believe Cain became of Jehovah? Gen 4:1 YLT And the man knew Eve his wife, and she conceiveth and beareth Cain, and saith, 'I have gotten a man by Jehovah;' 4:2 and she addeth to bear his brother, even Abel.

Did the cause for redemption come about through the same means (sin unto child birth) by eating, communing with, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, representative of the devil, Satan the serpent ) as redemption itself? Gal 4:4-5 YLT and when the fulness of time did come, God sent forth His Son, come of a woman, come under law, that those under law he may redeem, that the adoption of sons we may receive;

God sent forth His Son, come of a woman, come under law

Consider
    Matt 16:16,17 YLT and Simon Peter answering said, 'Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus answering said to him, 'Happy art thou, Simon Bar-Jona, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to thee, but my Father who is in the heavens.
    Matt 1:18-25 And of Jesus Christ, the birth was thus: For his mother Mary having been betrothed to Joseph, before their coming together she was found to have conceived from the Holy Spirit, and Joseph her husband being righteous, and not willing to make her an example, did wish privately to send her away. And on his thinking of these things, lo, a messenger of the Lord in a dream appeared to him, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, thou mayest not fear to receive Mary thy wife, for that which in her was begotten is of the Holy Spirit, (Literally, out of Spirit is Holy) and she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus (Jehovah saves), for he shall save his people from their sins.' And all this hath come to pass, that it may be fulfilled that was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, 'Lo, the virgin shall conceive, and she (the virgin) shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel,' which is, being interpreted 'With us he is God.' And Joseph, having risen from the sleep, did as the messenger of the Lord directed him, and received his wife, and did not know her till she brought forth her son -- the first-born, and he called his name Jesus.

That is the birth of the Son of God, Come of woman, the virgin.

In the fulness of time. God knew exactly what was going to take place in the Garden of Eden because God knew the devil, Satan. And God through the Son of God, the Son of Man would destroy him and his works.

Foreordained before the foundation of the world.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Compare the birth of Jesus to what took place in the garden.

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Btw concerning Adam and not being deceived, Here is what took place with Adam upon eating.

Let no one say, being tempted -- 'From God I am tempted,' for God is not tempted of evil, and Himself doth tempt no one, and each one (Adam and Eve, naked, in the presence of the tree and the snake) is tempted, by his own desires being led away and enticed, afterward the desire having conceived, doth give birth to sin, and the sin having been perfected, doth bring forth death.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @percho, first off, you conflate ad confuse Jesus' teaching about Him being the true manna from Heaven, to come to and to be believed in for eternal life with the garden tree of life for physical immortality. No.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think I confuse anything. Question

Before the foundation of the world, before God made man in his own image, was the Word going to me made flesh? Why? Maybe a better question would be;

Before the foundation of the world was Gal 3:22 going to be true? But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Before the foundation of the world; Was, the promise, spoken of there the following? In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One verse, Psalms 119:89, ". . . For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. . . ."
    And a second, Psalms 90:2, ". . . Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. . . ."
    Galatians 3:22, ". . . But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. . . ."
    But we have Titus 1:2, ". . . In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; . . ."
    So what are you trying solve?

My difficulty with your first two opening arguments remain.
    I wish you the best.