1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A "Pillar" of my church is now with Jesus.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I was informed that a "Pillar" of my church ( www.lighthouseministries.org ) went home to Glory this morning.

I doubt that any of you here on BB would know of Bro. Billy Shoemake, but if you would have met him, it wouldn't take you very long to know of his love for Jesus, his local church, and anyone else he met.

He was a Charter Member of what's now LCF when the church only consisted of 14 believers who met in an apartment complex rec room some 36 years ago.

Even after he retired from the public marketplace, there were few days during the week that you wouldn't find him somewhere on LCF's campus doing volunteer fix-up things or in and around the hallways of Lighthouse Christian School being its student body's "other grandfather."

He'd suffered very painfully from various forms of cancer in the past few years, but was still praising his Savior to the end.

Please pray for his dear wife Emily and their family during these times.

Thanks.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

May the Lord comfort those who need comforting is our prayers

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Praying for the family....