1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Poll for the Forum

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preachinjesus, Feb 24, 2010.

?
  1. Yes, I love them

20.8%
  2. Meh, I don't open them or reply to them

12.5%
  3. No, for the love of all that is holy let's take a break

66.7%
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I understand what you're saying and agree. Over in another thread, I got my salvation questioned today because I'm not a Calvinist. I don't like it one bit. I have never questioned the salvation of Cals even though I disagree. I expect the same respect.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    respect, yes, that's the word.
    thanks, Amy.

And questioning another poster's salvation is against BB rules, it should be reported to the administrators.

#22 pinoybaptist, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
  3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Man ain't that the truth. I plead guilty. Too bad many cannot maintain their Christian testimony here. I've started to try and not post on threads that cause my blood pressure to rise. Life is too short to spend hours arguing and complaining toward another person for whom Christ died.

4. Allan

Allan Active Member

If I were you, I would get ready to put out Poll #2...

"Do you want to see more Arminianism is evil or good threads?"

You know that as soon as these threads die out, the other side will start another influx of same stuff with a new and slightly modified title.

I really do think the BB should start another C/A Forum like before, notabley for those who wish to discuss with intent certian things relating to questions or issues about either or view - but that is their call.

#24 Allan, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
  5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Another one I'm tired of is all the Catholic posts since this is SUPPOSED to be a Baptist Website. We can't change the whole world, and constantly condemning fasle teachings will only cause offence. We should concentrate on preaching and teaching the truth, telling others about Jesus the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that there is NO other way to God but through Him.

6. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Well, according to the vote over 70% would like a break, so let's impose a law limiting free speech and keep posts with certain topics banned. Instead of allowing people to pick and choose which threads they wish to engage, lets let the governing board determine that for us.

While we're at it let's do this in our country too. When we get tired of the the political opinions of one side lets silence them with laws to keep them under control. Then we can let our dictator, I mean our president, decide what opinions we should listen to and what topics we can and cannot discuss. Yes! That is the answer! Removing the individual's liberty is always the best answer when we get annoyed. We have the RIGHT to not be offended and annoyed dog gone it! Get rid of the stuff that annoys the majority!!!

REVOLUTION!!! :eek:

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well I don't see anybody asking for a ban on threads, but I do see lots of people asking for individuals to show some restraint.

Personally, I don't participate in your threads. They're all the same. They bore me. Frankly, your arguments against Calvinism aren't well thought out. That last point isn't a personal attack, it is a point of instruction.

If you don't like Calvinism that's fine. But you don't have to start thread after thread after thread devoted to explaining your dislike of it. I don't want to ban the conversation, I don't want to see a moderator enforced ban...I am asking for some restraint.

And I'm not even a Calvinist.

8. Skandelon

I don't participate in your threads either, thus I am not qualified to make the judgements about you that you have made about me. Interesting that you don't even realize the contradiction in your accusation. Maybe you need to think out your arguments a little more. That last point isn't a personal attack, it is a point of instruction. ;)

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Skand - did I read you right that someone wants to burn you at the stake?

My oh my.

(I will bring my Bic in case the matches are wet) :laugh:

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There used to be CvsA forum, but the discussion can't be limited to one forum, because the manner in which one approaches any topic is determined by CvsA.

The discussions won't go away. One is the Gospel, and the other is not.

11. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gosh, I can't imagine why anyone would ever think that Calvinists think non-Calvinists are not saved.:BangHead:

12. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    even a poll like this is turning into a C/A debate.
    for the love of all that's holy, bring back that forum particular to those two soteriologies.
    that way, they who feel offended by either can just shy away instead of having to endure.

13. Skandelon

Something we can agree on! :)

I know people think I'm a one song sammy, but I discuss other topics on other forums or in real life. This is just the place I like to hash out these issues because it was a Cal/Arm forum at one time. I agree that they should have kept a section just for this discussion.

14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright, skan.

I'm going to take a night's break, and go back to discussions.
    I will try to keep a thick skin, as you intimated in one of your posts, and let's start fresh.
    You are a brother in Christ, after all, not some unelect reprobate born with a sinful nature and unable to come to Christ on his own because he is dead in sin and trespasses. lol.
    I will ignore the leading titles of your posts.
    You, on the other hand, will have to treat me with patience.
    Fair ?
    Catcha later.

15. Skandelon

fair! :thumbs:

16. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    okay, then.

Oh, yes, I forgot.
    I am dead tired, but the Spirit won't give me a good sleep unless I do this, I take back what I called you which elicited a reprimand from Dr. Bob.

Whenever I feel like I read something you said that offends me, I will just sing a hymn or recite a verse.

Brother, I apologize for my mean spiritedness.
    I am taking down the fang.
    But I will remain a dawg DoG, albeit a giggling one.
    Take care now.

17. Skandelon

All is forgiven. I too apologize if I've been short with you or have offended you in some way, that is not my intent. God bless!

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

[​IMG]

You're a good dawg! :)