1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A post election statement and apology

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 9, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I was convicted while do my devotions this morning, while nearby the every present Baptist Board glowed with its eerie blue tint. This post is a result of that moving of the Holy Spirit in my heart.

There are two things post is not:
    It is not an attempt to garner support and encouragement
    It is not an attempt to judge any one's actions or attitude.

It is simply something I think that the Holy Spirit is directing me to do through His word.

I love politics and history. If I an not careful they become my passion. For that reason I honestly try to avoid too much discussion in the politics arena. However, about a year ago, when the election discussion really got started, I began spending far too much time in this arena. I have allowed emotionalism and even fleshliness to manifests themselves here.

For what they are worth, I offer two apologies to my brothers and sisters in Christ across the entire political spectrum.

In my moderatorial role I can assure you that I have always striven to fair and unbiased in my actions. I have tried never to moderate with an agenda. I am sure I have often failed in that attempt, and for that I apologise to any affected. In this area my heart was right, even if I failed in the attempt.

The other area is more of a concern to me. When I have taken off my moderator hat to get involved in a discussion I have done my best to obey the rules, and I don't think I ever made a personal attack toward any poster. Yet, at these times I have often failed to post with grace. I have at times been cynical, sarcastic, and even mean while posting within the 'letter of the law.' I have not always shown love and compassion to my fellow believers. It is easy in the relative anonymity of an internet discussion board to do so, but that doesn't excuse my actions or even worse, my attitude. Discussion of worldly matters should not drive me to that, but they have, and for that I offer my sincere apology.

There is no doubt that the world in general and the church specifically are facing great struggles in the years to come. This truth expands far beyond the US borders. This being the truth, it is time for me to lay down my political sword and join together in working and praying with other believers for our common cause of glorifying God and drawing men to Him.

#1 NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have found your posts very well thought out and gracious, IMO. The problem posts in the politics section to me seem to be those who are Democratic and Republican apologists and trying to either link one or the other, or draw a distinction between the two in comparison to a Holy God.

I think you moderate very fairly and post in a very Christ like manner.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Roger, there is no need for you to apologize for anything. You do a great job as moderator. May you be always as wise in.

2 Timothy 4:2-5
    2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

There is no need for apology.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Oh good heavens Roger! ;)

You are one of the fair-er minded brethren (IMHO), so I agree with the other brethren :laugh:

I too enjoy politics and history. What I know without a doubt is that while some change will occur through the political spectrum, only real and lasting change comes through the redemptive power of Christ.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, like I said - this came from my devotions this morning and I just felt the need to apologise for the spirit in which I have posted at times.

Thanks for the comments anyway.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Not that you ever did anything to me personally, but if the Holy Spirit led you to apologize, I accept your apology and forgive you for anything you did that was wrong.

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Roger, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to make light of your apology. On this end, I never saw anything wrong, but on matters of conviction - no one can deal with that but a person and God. I solidly stand by my fair-er minded brethren statement!

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even when we are right, and perhaps especially when we are right, God must be at work to humble us before Him.

Only you and God know the motivations of your heart, the attitudes and thoughts and mental exercises you experienced while you posted.

I thank God for impressing this matter upon you, and appreciate your example in offering the apology.

peace to you:praying:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hope you don't mind if I share your thread but your show of leadership as Mod and Christian has led me to add my apologies to this thread.

You in my view have been one of the fair mod's and the voice of reason in political discussions. You are one willing to say right is right or wrong is wrong even if it is against your party. I particularly applaud your maturity and open mindedness in the Obama birth certificate threads. I want to thank you for the love, open mindness and fellowship you've shown.

But I also want to add my apologies to this thread if you don't mind. I am really unaffiliated and not liberal but I have a strong sense to stand along with the underdog. This includes the poor, disenfranchised and on this board the liberals. In doing so I know I have said and implied things that have not always shown Love for my brothers and sisters in Christ and for that I would like to apologize.

Again, I hope you don't mind me sharing your thread...

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Roger, you were the one that reminded me of the passage to pray for our leaders after my reaction to the election of Obama.