1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Pox on Both Their Houses

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Oct 7, 2008.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is not a dime's worth of difference between the two major parties, George Wallace said in the 1968 election. In 2008, there is not a dime's worth of difference between either the parties or the Presidential candidates. Together, both parties control 100% of the power in this country. The fight between them is a facade of the news media. Both parties are controlled by lobbysts, special interest groups, and corporate thugs. Neither has a heart for serving the American people, only increasing their own political power and bank accounts.

The reason we are going to wake up November 5th, and Obama has thrashed McCain in the polls, is that George W Bush failed to lead or adhere to conservative principles. Conservatism and Republicans split company eight years ago, if not sooner. The most recent example of this is the unholy alliance between the Democrats, Bush, Obama, McCain, Senate Republicans and Wall Street to shove this 700 billion welfare package for those who already stole from us. Thats right, it is 850 billion, to buy more votes.

How does a Christian choose between a party that has abortion rights as their official postion and another party who every four years, shouts from the mountain top about how wrong it is, then nothing ever gets done. Republicans have been in control eight years, with a six year Congress, and a conservative Supreme Court. Republicans do not care one ounce about life. They care about pandering to Christian voters.

Bush is the biggest spender in American history. Both he and the Democrats failed to control the borders, reform Social Security, or Medicare. We are so tangled up in foreign alliances, we have lost our identity as a nation.

This country is going to lose November 4th. Maybe we get the leadership we deserve.

If anyone thinks Bush or McCain is conservative, then you have been watching too much cable news.

A vote for a truly conservative 3rd party is not a wasted vote. A vote for the lesser of two evils that compromise your principles is a wasted vote.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

If we count eight years of Clinton and eight years of Bush then we have been on a loseing streak for almost sixteen years.
    I agree with SN , A vote for a truly conservative third party is not a wasted vote

#2 Petra-O IX, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  3. Reformer

Reformer New Member

Agreed!! But it is still sad, guess I'm saying I wish you were wrong.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not wasted at all.

Obama will appreciate your support.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Not one thing suggests and to be frank I do not want to be even remotely associated with that name.

This is the mindset that has gotten our nation in the shape it is today. I would suggest you get a copy of the US Constitution and read how our country is suppose to be governed.

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

Your dead right SN. McCain will continue to destroy the nation slowly like W and Clinton did. Obama would speed up the process. The only real question is if Obama wins would it speed up fast enough to wake people up in 2012, or would we even survive that long.

Why can't we have a presidential debate of all the candidates. Why are we only looking at Obama and McCain at these debates. Why not have a real debate with Barr and Nader and whoever else is running.

3rd party candidates have a rich history going back at least to Teddy Roosevelt's last run. They never stand a chance of winning but they influence policy by forcing the major parties to address their issues. But if we can shut them up and exclude them from the process then we silence that voice. Sad days ahead I'm afraid.

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Saturnneptune, I hear you. Not sure I agree with everything you said or your ultimate conclusion, but I hear you.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your suggestion is noted.

Note this.

If you believe the vote of a conservative for a third party candidate will not aid Obama in a close election, you are only fooling yourself.

Obama will appreciate your help.

#8 carpro, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  9. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Welcome back dude.:wavey: :thumbs:

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Vote GOP - no matter what they do (or don't do) or who they run!

I appreciate the thoughts in the OP - good post.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

C4K thanks for the comments, and you also PS104.

I take no pleasure in the fact as to what the Republicans have become. I voted for Bush twice, Reagan twice, and Nixon. I have no idea why they became what they have in the last eight years. Maybe when they learn to govern by their conservative principles again, they will regain the White House and Congress at some point in the future.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're angry.

My mother, rest her soul, would call voting for a sure loser and helping your worst nightmare get elected "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Cooler heads need to prevail.