1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Praise!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Our son Wesley made me SO proud tonight!

He used to have a pretty scary diet, and we have spent countless hours working with him and his sister, who both have something called RAD. (is the top story on my blog now if anyone wants to know more about it)

For him, food was a major ordeal. He refused to eat almost everything, and what he would eat was deep fried, and he'd then roll it (for real) in a pile of salt. With anything healthy, he'd literally throw a fit, crying, screaming, sitting for hours, etc.. We've tried to counter that by letting him help cook, teaching him how food grows, planting stuff, etc., and putting down rules for food-related behavior.

He's doing AWESOME now!

So why am I so happy today?

Well, one of the meals that he seemed to throw the biggest fit about was chicken paprika, and the second thing was salad. The third was asparagus.

For dinner tonight we had...chicken paprika, salad, and asparagus.
    He came in and asked if he could help cook, and peeled onions for me.

He thanked me when he got his plate. He ate EVERYTHING on his plate, THEN SAID HOW GOOD IT WAS AND ASKED FOR SECONDS!

He actually likes and enjoys healthy stuff now, helps make it, and even thanks us for it.

This is a child doing a great job of healing. PRAISE GOD!

I think people on here should tell him what an awesome job he's doing! He really enjoys reading lately, so this will also give him something positive to read. Feel free to use big words...we have a dictionary. :thumbs:

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a huge praise, Gina!

Please tell Wesley I am so proud to hear this! It shows maturity not only to eat with thankfulness, but also to even help prepare the food. Great job, kiddo! By the way, some of the greatest cooks have been MEN. Wesley just might have found a new hobby/job interest.

By the way, I think if someone cooks, they should let the others wash the dishes. Hint, hint, Mom.:tongue3:

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Awesome job!!! I"m so proud of Wesley's progress! A big High-5 to you, Wesley!!!

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Splendid.....

Jesus Is Lord

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

W is a winner
    E is an exciting cook
    S is special and we especially love him
    L is great learner, living and growing to maturity
    E is like an eagle and may his goals keep soaring like an eagle!
    Y You... you were created by the Great Designer with a unique talent
    which we pray that you will use for the Lord... could cooking be
    one of them?:thumbs:

Wesley... good job! We are so proud of you!:1_grouphug:

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Ah Wesley!

I am elated to congratulate you upon this portentous and laudable occasion of your choosing to appreciate the advantages of freshly grown and wholesome food. I especially applaud your culinary efforts as well as your audaciousness in being thankful to your parents for providing you with the implements to acheive adulthood with a robust body that is prepared for the rigors of full-fledged independence.

Way To Go Wesley!!

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Awesome! He'll like reading this.

MK, you ROCK! ROFLOL! I have a feeling that dictionary will be put to VERY good use!