1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A praise!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, May 27, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

My husband will be home soon, safe and sound barring any last minute problems.

Didn't want to post a prayer request when he left, doesn't seem wise to announce to the world, but now that he's just about back, ready to be share my happiness and praise that things went great! He and the two youngest (his birth kids, my stepkids) got to go on vacation and go see his mom. She's a total sweetie and I'd loved to have seen her again, but we couldn't afford for us all to go and since she has battled cancer, it seemed really important to at least get the blood relatives there.

I'm so happy they all got to go see her and that all went great! He was able to be the one to help her out with appointments and stuff for a while and have the kids be able to have a good experience and some no-stress fun with decent relatives after pulling off straight A's in school this year. (I'm allowed to brag, right?! LOL)

While I got used to being alone for years and enjoyed the freedom of it and prior to him didn't have any desire for that to change, it was interesting to have a week back to it just being me and the girlie girls, it was also a good reminder of how nice it is to have a husband to talk to, share with, just to be around.

Now I realize even more how blessed I am to have him, blessed he's had a safe trip, and blessed that he'll be in my arms again here soon.

So that's my praise and thanks for today. Not just that the trip went okay, but a reminder of how good life is and how wonderful it is that God steered me towards this guy and changed my heart towards wanting to trust and love a husband. :godisgood:

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praising with you for your hubby's safe return, and that he had a good trip. And also for marriage. What a great gift!

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I agree with Gwen!

How sweet!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Praising God for the safe return of your family - and FOR your family. :)

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

:godisgood: Back to smelling fresh brewed coffee in the morning! I rarely bothered while they were gone, went with my decaf instant stuff when I felt like it...how fast one forgets the small little things that happen every day, like waking up to the smell of coffee! Weird.

6. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Yay, Gina! What a beautiful post. Being thankful with you.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you Pamela. :flower: