1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A PRAYER OF SALVATION

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xfrodobagginsx, Jul 24, 2017.

?
  1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS AS MY LORD

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xfrodobagginsx

A PRAYER OF SALVATION: Dear friends, Would you like to make sure that you are going to heaven when you die? Take this moment, If you are willing to accept Jesus’s free gift of salvation, please pray this to God from your heart:

“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE THAT YOU DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. I ASK YOU TO PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, SAVE ME, TAKE ME TO BE WITH YOU WHEN I DIE. I NOW RECEIVE YOU AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR. THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME. IN JESUS NAME AMEN. “

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing about repentance in that prayer. Asking for forgiveness without repentance saves no one (cf. Psalm 66:18; Mark 1:15).
    Also, no one in the Bible ever 'accepted' the Lord Jesus. The question is, will Jesus accept you (Matthew 7:21)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please don't feed this guy. he shows up here and make s multiple posts of this same thing over and over again. He appears to be a troll.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    His duplicate threads were deleted awhile ago on your report.

5. xfrodobagginsx

Turning to Jesus Christ for salvation IS repentance. Also, the verses that you are using are for Jews under the law. Paul's writings on salvation are for Christians today.

6. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you repent.
    Your hyper-dispensationalism is noted; but try this then. 'I.......declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance' (Acts 26:20).

7. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

TECHNICALLY. Everything Frodo said is true.

Heres the rundown the PRAYER is asking Jesus to be with him, forgive him, plenty of faith aloners and Calvinist would argue that the initial regeneration is an act of forgiveness precedes repentance. Or that on grace alone just hearing the gospel is an act of forgiveness on God's part.

That repentance is gift to God from God. If a unrepentant person sincerely prayed that the outcome can be repentance which is a treasure in itself rather then a ticket of salvation.

“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE THAT YOU DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. I ASK YOU TO PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, SAVE ME, TAKE ME TO BE WITH YOU WHEN I DIE. I NOW RECEIVE YOU AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR. THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME. IN JESUS NAME AMEN. “

The 2nd part of his statement is true, it means what it means, but you can say "TRULY" before every verb if you feel too accusatory .

"If you have TRULY placed your faith in Jesus Christ and TRULY meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die."

Its true if you really have placed your faith in Jesus and meant it with all your heart, you are a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

For it to be true it truly had to happen.

Does everyone who prays that prayer get saved? he says "IF"

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The internet altar call. Well it beats a jack chick tract where I gotta sign that contract of the sinner's prayers else I will go to the bad place.

I've heard plenty of baptist sermons but this is the part that really seems to matter.

9. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at a Non Denominational Church in November 1997. I also placed my trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation. And thus I am truly saved. I also was Baptized via immersion this past May at that Baptist Church I faithfully attend every Sunday morning. I was Baptized via immersion as a public profession of faith that I had accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord and trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. I am also taking membership preparation class at that Baptist Church so that I can become a member of that Baptist Church. After the class is completed then I will go before the congregation and give my testimony on how I received salvation and that I was Baptized via immersion. Then then the congregation and the Elders will vote on my becoming a member of that Baptist Church. Then I will be a Baptist.