1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Rippon, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to request prayer for a young Korean woman -- her English name is Lizzy. She's a former student of mine. She teaches English at a public Middle School.

Saturday night -- out of the blue she called and asked if she could come with me to my church. Lizzy had never been to any church gathering before. The sermon was on Heaven and she listened intently.(Moreso than two fellows in our row who were text messaging).

She is very open to hearing more of the Gospel and the Word of God. I gave her my large print NLTse to keep (I had never put my name on it anyway).

Lizzy said there were so many things she did't know about the Bible. However, she didn't say it out of frustration but a desire to gather more knowledge. I think she really has a thirst to know more -- it's a God-caused thirst.

I introduced her to a mature Korean woman who is a strong believer. So she's not going to be sent adrift.

I'm requesting that the Lord would draw her to Himself and that she would come to a saving knowledge of Christ in short order.

Korea has so many churches -- how many are doctrinally sound is another question. There are still lost people here who have honestly never heard the Gospel. She had so many questions -- it was overwhelming.

When Revelation 21 was read aloud by my pastor it was all I could do to stop my tears from flowing after the first two verses were spoken.Precious truths which new ears were hearing for the first time -- it just took my breath away.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Rippon - I will definitely pray for Lizzy. We just had a young man come to the Lord who had only been to church once before and knew nothing about God or religion. It took him a few weeks to read through John and another book we gave him but he made the decision on his own and now my hubby is discipling him. Praise God!! God is good and I will pray that He will bring Lizzy into a saving knowledge of Him. :)

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praying here Rippon.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for Lizzy to accept, You, Lord Jesus as her Savior and Lord.
    In the name of Jesus we are pleading. AMEN

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Lizzie is in my prayers.