1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a pulpit or stage

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by humbleherc, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Butterflies4mami

Butterflies4mami New Member

The only check I ever see is my husbands work check! ( If you must know)

2. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

I'm sorry butterflies i don't mean no harm.I believe in My Jesus and he is the truth.Do i accept him yes,but would that save me.Well i hope he accepts me for he is greater than i.I'm so vile and vain and such a nothing ,lowly and afflicted.So as sorry as i am i know i can't save myself.It will have to take Jesus to save my soul for i am as helpless as the next man.I hope you are saved little butterfly.Bye

3. Larry in Tennessee

Larry in Tennessee New Member

Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the alter partake of the offerings of the alter? Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel. (1 Corinthians 9:13-14 NKJV)

4. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

Read on Mr.larry don't stop there.Paul used none of those things and besides those you stated they were questions.live of the gospel not from the gospel.Paul said he didn't use this power lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.Here is how a tithe is not of necessity 2Corinthians 9:7

Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the alter partake of the offerings of the alter? Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel. (1 Corinthians 9:13-14 NKJV)
    </font>[/QUOTE]

5. Gib

Gib Active Member

He does if you call on His name. I be knowing, not hoping. [​IMG]

6. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

You know more than a horse and he's got the longest head.I know he gonna save his people i know that,whether your one of his is what i don't know.You better hope your name written in the lambs book of life.But you don't know it.

He does if you call on His name. I be knowing, not hoping. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]

7. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

But we can know it Herc, and knowing it is Scriptural.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:13)

8. Butterflies4mami

I John 5:13
    "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

9. Butterflies4mami

sorry, got there before me!!!!
    Peggy

10. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

"...In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." (2 Corinthians 13:1)

Guess that settles this issue. :D

11. Butterflies4mami

II Ti. 1:12
    I John 3:24, 4:13, 5:19

I would say the "key" word in I John is KNOW.
    In Christ,
    Peggy

12. Butterflies4mami

I am soooo THANKFUL I do know I am on my way to Heaven, what a miserable life i think it would be to wonder until the end.?.And then,....it would be too late!.!
    In Christ,
    Peggy

13. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Amen

14. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Amen </font>[/QUOTE]"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

"And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us."

"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit."

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness"

Just thought I would make it easier :D

15. Butterflies4mami

Are you calling me lazy? :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just kidding!
    Peggy

16. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

You? lazy? I don't think so.
    [​IMG]

17. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

You will find out what you know oneday.I'm still trying to run my race.Just because it's in there don't mean we can know.I believe the goats do many wonderfull works and ask one of them ,they will tell you the same thing they know.And if every body was saved that claims they are why is our country in such a mess.Tell me.I read all them words John 5:13 and i hope in Christ.

18. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

If I didn't know any better I would say that you just claimed that God lied to us.
    :confused:

19. Butterflies4mami

Herc-
    I am praying for you, truely. The Lord has placed a specific burden upon my heart for you, AND PLEASE understand I am not being a smarty pants/skirts!
    By reading your posts this evening one can almost guess, and none of us can see into man's heart, but GOD,that you are in search of something. Running a race is fine, but that enduring until the end is meant for those enduring spiritual attacks of the Devil as Christians, not to endure to make it into Heaven!
    As a sinner you must realize your need for a Savior, which is evident you do. (Romans 3:10 "For it is written there is none righteous, no not one." & Romans 3:23)
    #2 You must realize the debt you owe because of your sin is DEATH.(ROmans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death..")
    #3 You must realize the FINISHED work of Calvary.And, with all due respect, I think this is where you are a little confused. (Romans 5:8 " But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us")
    Once you accept that Christ died for those sins, repent from them and turn unto HIM, he accepts you as you are, and you trust ONLY in HIM to save you and take you to Heaven when you die. If you do this you are a new creature. Though still in your body of flesh prone to sin, your spirit is a new man.
    Since you didn't save you, and nothing you did saved you(works),then, you can KNOW you are on your way to Heaven, simply because you had nothing to do woth it! Christ did it! And the Bible says we are SEALED unto the day of redemption! That's glorious!
    You are in my prayers!!!!!

In Christ,
    Peggy

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Herc, you continually shift topics and simply post one inflaming post after another. There is no sense to this and I have warned you about this.

I am closing this thread before it goes down ANOTHER rabbit trail.