1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question For Fathers

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Gershom, May 14, 2005.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Have you ever spoke a blessing on your children? If so, let's hear about it. [​IMG]

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Yes, when my son was 18, I purchased a ring for him from Israel that said in Hebrew, "Blessed Son Drew". I gave it to him along with a Bible and then my wife and I prayed a blessing over him, and told him we considered him a man.

We did the same for our daughter only instead of a ring I gave her a necklace with a blessing toward her along with a Bible.

This was done after spending many years preparing both to enter adulthood and live as children of God.

God continues to bless.

Bro Tony

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Everyday I try to find a few things that I can praise my daughter for. I want her to know she is a blessing so well that it will make an indelible mark on her for life.

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Bro Tony,

Thank you for sharing that. I have been thinking of praying a blessing over my children, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Quite frankly, I've never heard it spoken of among my Baptist peers. I've done a little bit of reading on it. I think that your giving a ring to your son and necklace to your daughter is a wonderful idea.

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

gb93433,

That's wonderful. What a blessing it is to have children and I am always thankful to here parents praising and encouraging them.

6. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Anyone else?

7. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, I pray a blessing over my five-month old son nearly every night as I'm giving him his last bottle.

Yours in Christ

Matt

8. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In our bedtime prayers, I almost always specifically ask the Lord to "bless" our children. I've even used portions of the Irish Blessing as well.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

One of the things I noticed when I taught was that the students who consistently did the best were not always the smartest but those who had the best home lives.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Every day.

"The Lord Bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you peace. So may the Lord place His name on you and bless you. For the name of the Lord is a strong tower - the righteous run to it and are safe"