1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question for You Teens...

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by FundamentalDan, Aug 27, 2005.

1. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

I admit that I am not a teenager, though I am not too much older. However, I have a question that I would like some teenagers' input on. How would you feel about a 15-year-old girl attending your youth Sunday school classes if she was pregnant? Would you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed? Would you be able to relate to her? Would it cause you to think that teen pregnancy is "okay"? Thanks, and I look forward to your opinions.

2. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

WAIT! You CANNOT tell a 15-year-old that she cannot attend a certain class. I am a youth and I can tell you that sunday school is where she needs to be if she does not know that sex before marriage is wrong. You probably will not be able to relate to her but can you relate to every thing that goes on in the class or classes? No. This is just another bump that the devil has thrown at you. Trust in God and pray about it. That is the only thing that needs to be done at this point.

3. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

No it wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable-- she obbviously needs to be there. However, is this girl originally part of the youth group? If she's pregnant as a Christian teen, then there needs to be some form of church discipline, and then forgiveness, or else the rest of the yg IS going to think that sex is ok before marriage.

4. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

True mercytruth...I forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me of that. My pastor just preached on it not to long ago.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're lucky she's coming to Sunday School. If I were her, you wouldn't be able to find me within 20 miles of a church for fear of ridicule.

6. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A pregnant teen needs to be guided, not shunned. She needs prayer so that she can make the right choice, preferably adoption.

7. kubel

kubel New Member

Showing up in Sunday School is no big deal. I doubt she will be hanged or burned at the stake if she is just a visitor.

If she belongs to the assembly, she may be churched.

8. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

Kubel,
    I am not giong to try to start a debate...but are you saying that if she is not a member then she should not be aloud to attend?

9. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

I would not shun her from the class, we are commanded to love her. It would be good for the girls of the class to be friends with her, and not shun her for her wrong choices. She obviously needs the Lord in her life, and needs some people to guide her a little bit. JMO

10. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A pregnant girl is our neighbor. We are supposed to love our neighbor as ourselves. Loving our neighbor includes being kind to her, teaching her about Jesus, & teaching right from wrong, among other things.

11. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

Thanks for all of your replies. I figured I would get this type of response. She currently does attend that class in our church, but a friend of mine tried to tell me that we should not do that. He said the majority of teenagers would have a negative reaction to it. So I just figured I would see. Thanks for proving me right. :D

12. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

Sometimes, i think teenagers can be wiser than adults, like in this situation. They can see something in a pregnant teenage girl that some adults just don't see-- and that's hope. We can see what she could be with just a little neighborly love, and a love of God's grace.

13. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I came across this thread and thought i'd stick in a couple of thoughts.

I think it could swing either way. A situation like that could affect the purity of the church if not addressed properly because teenagers (and really just about everyone) learn by example.

I would be concerned that this teen is being counselled about her sin and what God says about fornication, helping her with her relationship, the future of the baby, etc.

Here's the thing: I wonder if she is repentant? I do not know the situation there but i sincerely hope she is. :(
    (Because i cannot imagine the damage that could be done to the rest of your youth group to have an unrepentant pregnant teenager amongst them.)

And I feel the other step that needs to be taken is that the issue is addressed openly to the whole group and taught what the bible says about fornication, the penalty of sin, the promise of God's forgiveness to the repentant sinner, and so on. This is to help clear the air and set the tone right with regards to how to relate to this girl.

Just some thoughts....God give you wisdom. [​IMG]

14. Casey

Casey New Member

Hm, it would make me feel a little bit uncomfortable, I don't know why, it's just natural for me to feel uncomfortable around a pregnant teen. At my school, a public school, we are having girls my age getting pregnant. I'm 14.

However, I'd be glad she was there. If she didn't know that sex was only for married people, then she really DOES need to be there.

I really don't think I could relate to her that much. Sex before marriage makes me... -looks for the right word- feel weird.