1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A question on when and how you die

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 6, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm glad you clarified that, but the domino affect would undoubtedly trickle down to everyone. Obama supports leaving newborn children that survive abortion attempts to die alone in a closet.

Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath to save life, elderly included.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My prayer to the Lord when it comes to my death is : please make it quick and painless. I know He will. But if He doesn't, well, to God be the glory.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So let me tell you about a patient I met today, (no names)

He’s an 84 years old with a history of a heart attack and he has an internal defibrillator.

He went to the local mall last month and as he opened his car door to leave he felt a terrible static shock that he mentioned to his family doctor a week later.

Sure enough, it wasn’t a static shock but his internal defibrillator that went off after detecting a fatal rhythm (the devise records the incident).

Here he was a month later having a stress test to see what the underlying problem was.
    Alive, reasonably healthy ....instead dead beside his car at the mall.

Sure makes you wonder!

O God, give me the strength to carry on.
    Be merciful and don’t hide your eyes from me in my hour of death.
    Let me live knowing that at any time you might call me home.

Rob

#23 Deacon, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  4. Ternera

Ternera New Member

My views of death and dying did not change with age, but changed dramatically when I became a Christian. Before I was going to commit a suicide if I'll develop a painful condition like cancer or will need a constant care. Now I'm just praying the Lord not to send me a painful death, to make it easy. However, now I think that God lets us die a certain way for a reason. I hope, really hope and pray for being strong enough to accept whatever He will give me when my time will come.