1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jun 28, 2009.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, TT Shields was a great preacher.
    But as far as your latter comment is concerned I don't know what you are talking about. There is only one gospel--the gospel that saves. It was preached before Paul, and it is still preached after Paul. It is not exclusive to Paul.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Perhaps an honest disagreement here, but OldRegular, I post within the context contained in your above post. Do you consider your response to DHK to be in context? If so, then I stay within context, as you are in context.

DHK asked the question "Why are so many people, nations, religions, etc. anti-Semitic? I would like to know the answer."

You replied, "They will bejudged by God because of their rejection of Jesus Christ, just as all who do so; not because of their anti-Jewish bias!" I see you to be only half right, for you make a beginning here "because of their rejection of Jesus Christ".

Why only half right? You fail to comprehend my last sentence; "The persecution of The Jew, and all Israel began when God gave up Israel to the world, beginning with Nebuchadnezzar. When God turned Israel over to the heathen Gentiles, this marks the beginning of the anti-Jewish bias.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Ituttut

You are being disingenuous at best dishonest at worst. The exchange between DHK and myself is repeated again.

I chose not to respond to that question, You attempted to answer it in post #82

The above is unbelievable nonsense!

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

We were all married to the Law, in our minds, but now serving the Law of sin in our bodies. However we in the Body of Christ (the Bridegroom) serve the Law of God. The marriage is made down here while we are sill in our Bodies, but in His Body we are made dead to the law. In this marriage today to the one who has been made alive, we are to bear fruit. We are made Spirit in Him, by Him, and For Him

Is this present and everlasting marriage the same marriage as that we see in prophesy? We are not Israel. In Revelation 18:23, we see another Bridegroom, and another Bride. We cannot make God a polygamist, as you show above you certainly don't wish to do.

So do we not need to understand Our God to see what He has in store for US? There is the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. Just as we cannot have God to be a polygamist, neither can we have The Spirit, and the Son having the same wife. God forbid. We find in Revelation 21:2, "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband".

Who is the City, that New City of Jerusalem built for? Is it not for the Israelites, as all scripture shows? The Lamb says He came only for His own People. As we move to Revelation 21:9 we see other evidence of who the Bride in Prophecy is. "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." Then keep reading and find if you can find one Gentile mentioned in this Bride, or one Gentile that the Lamb of God came for. He makes it plain in prophecy that He did not come for the dogs. But those Dogs not destined to be in the Body of Christ will walk in the Light in that City, "and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."

We are of the Spirit, and as such will be in the Temple, as those above come to bring "their glory, and honour into it."

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Then you believe you are saved just as Peter told those men of Israel, you must repent, and you must be baptized for the remission of your Sins, We cannot have it both ways, for we either believe what was preached to Israel, or we believe what Paul preached to the Gentile, of believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. For enlightenment he tells how this now possible. For it is by grace you saved, through faith, without any works by the hand of man, it is a gift from God.

Those men of Israel were saved at that time, just as was Peter. The "circumcised" are justified by faith, and the "uncircumcised" are justified through faith. I will take the Word of God from heaven, and not what He preached while on this earth only to His people.

6. OldRegular

Ituttut

Sounds like you are making the Triune God a polygamist. Israel and the Church are eternally separate. The Church is the Bride of jesus Christ, God the Son. You say Israel is the wife of someone in the Godhead. However, since there is only one God seems like you are making Him a polygamist.

7. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

I thought that there was a 10 page limit?!?!

Oh yea, that is only if your making a good argument in support of the KJV.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Nice Try!

Nice shot, but wrong.

The 'page limit' varies from forum to forum, and I believe this particular forum has a '30 page limit' -

so -

keep them posts coming in, folks!

We are only a third of the way there, so far. ;)

Ed

9. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you:

Mt 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom:

Ro 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

Ro 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead,

God, as Jesus, did die, so he is free to married to another, Gentiles.

Israel, as Chastisement for rejecting Jesus, will "literally die" during the trib to be saved/married to Jesus.

And the "marriage in Cana" (MK) is when both Church/Israel (two sticks/ Eze 37:19) will become one.

There's a lot to be learned from these marriages/Laws.

10. OldRegular

You are saying God died. How is this possible?

11. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

If you don't understand the "TRINITY", there's not much you will understand about the scriptures,

It's written to be understood in the "TRINITY".

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Before the NT writers ever came along, hundreds of years before the birth of Christ, Habakkuk proclaimed the NT message:
    "The just shall live by faith."
    This NT message gospel message was quoted twice in by NT writers, once by Paul, and once by the unknown writer of the book of Hebrews. How does a just person come to live by faith? He must be justified first. Paul elaborates on that. In Romans he declares:
    "A man is justified by faith."
    He also declares that because a man is justified by faith, "he has peace with God."

Jesus gives a different aspect of this when he speaks of the New Birth in John 3, elaborating it to Nicodemus. Essentially it is the same message. Peter also gives the message of the New Birth in 1Peter 1:23. The message has not changed. One must still be saved, justified. It is not a Peter message or a Paul message. It is the message of the gospel, which Peter said:

2 Peter 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Remember or take heed to the words not just of Paul, but to all the apostles.

13. OldRegular

Long before Paul Jesus Christ spoke the words of John 3:16. Hopefully ultra-dispensationalits have not cut those out of the Bible!

14. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Anti-Semitism Looks to addressed in all three of our post's, so we must all three be in context.
    I'll take that as a positive.
    Another of our disagreements

15. OldRegular

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD.

To claim that God died is heresy! You have no understanding of God! You have no understanding of the Trinity! If God died then there is no God!

There was a heretical movement like this back in the 70's. It died then! Are you attempting to revive it?

#115 OldRegular, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  16. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,

17. OldRegular

What does that have to do with God dying? I will repeat:

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD.

To claim that God died is heresy! You have no understanding of God! You have no understanding of the Trinity! If God died then there is no God!

There was a heretical movement like this back in the 70's. It died then! Are you attempting to revive it?

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think it was promoted by Bishop Sheen: "God is dead" theology.

19. ituttut

ituttut New Member

My, my; How mighty we have become, knowing all of what God is, and saying God understands only as man thinks.

I can't change what scripture says. Romans 7:4, "Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God". This is in the present tense, not as we find later in Revelation.

If we believe we are in the Body of Christ, the Church, are we not one with Him, He being the Head. We are NOW connected to Him as we can see in Ephesians 5:31-32 (RSV), "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
    32. This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church".

What about Ephesians 2:5-10? "even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
    6. and raised us up with him, and made us sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    7. that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
    8. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God--
    9. not because of works, lest any man should boast.
    10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." We are created in Christ Jesus.

We must determine if we are with the Bridegroom, or if we are the Bride. Scripture shows we are of the Congregation of the Church. We are invited to the Wedding. (Matthew 9:14-15; Mark 2:18-19; Luke 5:33-34; John 3:29). What says scripture as to whom the Bride in prophecy is? Revelation 21:9-12, "Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues, and spoke to me, saying, "Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."
    10. And in the Spirit he carried me away to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,
    11. having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
    12. It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed".

I show you scripture; can we believe Scripture?

20. OldRegular

I believe you are correct and he disappeared in the Judean wilderness!