1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Republican Voting Machine in WV

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Oct 20, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is one way to assure Republican votes, why not rig the machines to make sure you vote correctly... :laugh: :wavey:

http://wvgazette.com/News/200810170676

2. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Guess that just goes to show SOME Machines ARE Smarter than the operators!!:laugh:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think the programmer was a republican... :thumbs:

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

That is why I don't trust electronic voting.
    A paper ballot leaves a trail.

A questionable voter.....can still be issued a conditional ballot.... which is counted if the election is close enough to make a difference and the voter is confirmed as qualified.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

This woman is too dumb to be voting to begin with if she can't even use a simple electronic voting machine.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Being a native Virginian I could not help but respond to this thread with:

Come on now, we are talking about WV voters here... LOL:laugh:

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Only if you support voting FRAUD in America. That's up to you but why should we bother with having a democracy with that king of illegal tampering with the vote.

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

No one tampered with that machine. The poor lady wasn't smart enough to use the machine. It doesn't have anything to do with her being from WV. She's just (how can I put it nicely? I can't!!) dumb. If you are going to complain about voter fraud why not bring up something legitimate like ACORN or in Ohio where voting records don't match up with the actual voters? Liberals always complain about voter fraud but have no problem perpetuating it themselves. In fact, it is liberals who want felons, illegal immigrants, dead folks, and people's gold fish to have the right to vote. Nor can they see the need for a legitimate id to be required for someone to be able to pull the lever. After all we wouldn't want to "disenfranchise" anyone. Give my bleeding heart a break.

#8 sag38, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  9. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Hey can you NOT take a Joke?? I was Joking See the laughing little guy at the end? I was making a remark that at least the Machine knew who is a better choice.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Looks like several other people had the same problem with this machine so they have put it out of service until it can be calibrated again. I thought it was a mind reading machine...

You push Obama.

Machine says, "I think you made a typo but no problem, I'll correct it for you"

Person sees change and again selects Obama.

Machine says, "you can't be serious, ok, I'll fix it again"

Person sees change and again selects Obama.

Machine says, "look stupid, in case you don't get it. This is a republican machine so vote right or move on"... :laugh: :thumbs:

11. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I remember seeing a report on the local news here in NC that there were concerns for using these new touch screen voting machines because some had gliches and other problems accuratelt recording the data. I gues they found one in WV. I don't see any evidence being supplied that it was intentional and planted by the GOP.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just humor BB, just humor. I said it was the republican's because it switches Obama's votes to McCain.

A second problem with these machines, they don't generate a paper trail. Some machines create a paper log and spits out a paper copy to the voter so they can see what registered in the machine and have a record of their votes. With no paper backup there is no way for a recount if the vote is close.

I see the day when elections will be nationalized if this stuff keep happening.

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Florida you fil out a paper ballot by coloring the ovals for each choice. Then you take it to the machine that checks your ballot for missed or double votes and gives you an opportunity to correct it. The vote count must agree between paper ballots and voting machine.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So you guys gave up those punch ballots?

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

To the Democrats regret I'm sure. But that is just in our county I don't know if that is state wide.

16. sag38

sag38 Active Member

How many hanging chads does it take to defeat Al Gore?

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

4 or 500 if I remember right... :laugh: