1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A request for assistance

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by BRIANH, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BRIANH

BRIANH Member

I have been a lurker for a long time and I have a request for assistance. I am not naive and understand there are differing views, and I appreciate that.
    I am wanting to find;
    a graduate program through distance learning that is KJO. It does not need to be RA, TRACS, or anything like that. I do want it to have rigor of course. I was an LBU student for awhile and thought they fit the bill in terms of rigor but not in terms of theology anymore. I have an RA BA and two graduate degrees that are RA, so I hope people can understand this is about something else.
    I appreciate any advice in KJO schools that offer distance or correspondence graduate degrees.

2. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

3. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

BBC and its grad school are some of my former schools. They do offer an online degree, but if LBU didn't sit well with you, then I'm not sure you'll find the professors there any more agreeable. Perhaps some specifics on what "theology" is problematic would be helpful. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

BJ

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brianh Reply

Welcome:

Might I venture and ask what is your rationale?

sdg!

rd

:wavey:

5. BRIANH

BRIANH Member

At the risk of sounding obtuse, specifically my rationale for what?

6. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "B" Answer

I would be interested to know why anyone with degrees already would want another degree-especially one that is "KJV ONLY?"

sdg!:laugh:

rd

7. BRIANH

BRIANH Member

I see. Because I am now a believer in something that I never would have predicted. I have the means and the motivation to do something about it. What I lack is any formal(so to speak) training that makes me credible in this subculture. Once I obtain this, Lord willing, I can begin my ministry of preaching to the choir and then expand to Christians who tire of the relativism of the other perspective.
    Thanks for asking!

8. creemos

creemos New Member

Our Brother Paul spoke plainly enough - not with persuasive words but simpleness of speech.

Moses studdered speaking to Pharoah - with or without Aaron's help.

Timothy was empowered to proclaim and teach - despite his being much younger than those who heard him.

Peter was a simple fisherman - and spoke in such a powerful simplistic truth that his religious foes killed him in order to silence his testimony and God's condemnation.

Seek God's Wisdom... knowledge only puffs up.

9. BRIANH

BRIANH Member

Amen. I could not agree more.

#9 BRIANH, Apr 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Brian, there are several good schools out there that you should/could consider. I am not sure that any of them are King James "only" in the strict sense but I know that many of their profs use the King James. These schools also happen to be accredited. I think you should at least contact them and give them due consideration:

Piedmont Baptist College (www.pbc.edu): Offers a MA in Biblical Studies online.

Temple Baptist Seminary (www.templebaptistseminary.edu): Offers a MA in Biblical Studies online and most of a MDiv online.

Another program you may wish to consider, but which is not online, is Bob Jones University. They offer several MA degrees.

You need to find a good seminary to earn your degree from. Such a seminary will give you a good grounding in theology, Biblical studies, history, and some level of training in the languages. If a school does not give you those things then you should look to another program.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==The Scriptures warn against pride and worldly wisdom it does not warn against knowledge or studying. The Scriptures state that people should:

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth" -2Tim. 2:15 (KJV)

While it is true that Peter was a "simple fisherman" it is also true that after three years with Jesus his knowledge stunned the religious leaders of his day (Acts 4:13). I guess you could say that his three years with Jesus was his seminary training. His graduation service was Pentecost.

While Paul did not seek to draw people to the Gospel through fancy words (etc) Paul was a very, very educated man. His education shows in his works such as Romans. Timothy was Paul's student.

My point? Much good can come of learning. Scripture does not condemn education.

12. larryjf

larryjf New Member

13. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Recommendations without prejudice

According to your requirements, I recommend the following colleges:

http://www.thecrowncollege.com/

http://www.wcbc.edu/

Both colleges offer graduate programs via DE and meet your stipulations.

Also, you may be able to do graduate work at a distance here: http://www.tbbcts.org/. They are (were) pretty much KJVO unless this has changed now that Rod Bell in no longer the President.

#13 paidagogos, Apr 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  14. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I echo paid. Using your criteria, the two schools mentioned above would put you in the circles you want to travel in.

Since this isn't my circle, may I ask a question?

Are there KJVO colleges that hold to this position without condemning all others? If so, I would encourage you to look in that direction. Humility and charity go a long way even in church circles! :godisgood:

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

A good question, indeed. Although it has a mark against it right now through no fault of it's own and does not offer DE as far as I know, Trinity Baptist College http://www.tbc.edu/ would seem to fit the bill.