1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A return to it's theological foundation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, May 18, 2016.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you admire him more than Christ? Not picking on you Jeremy but rather what I am seeing on this thread is both praises of certain religious identities & a questioning of others. Is our praise & excoriation of human kind more important than the active work of the Triune spirit to tend to the flock?

Mohler took a very active role of purging those who were not orthodox from an SBA Flagship Seminary....and perhaps it needed to be done. I dont know, but that was his choice. But we must remember that its a Religious institution & any institution with time is bound to become ....er, 'unorthodox'......and that's why I stay far away from that lot.

I serve God, Christ is my savior & all my praise is directed toward Him....not Mohler, not Piper, not Washer or Graham.....blah, blah, blah.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... and live into eternity......BRAVO!

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said, one humongous contradiction:

So how many names have you gotten added to the list?:

20 Nevertheless in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. Lu 10

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ:
    4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blemish before him in love:
    5 having foreordained us unto adoption as sons through Jesus Christ unto himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Eph 1

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe me, when I say this, I mean it, that's not my call. Perhaps if I knew her as a person I would have an opinion.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Larry, she stands out of the boundaries of Orthodox Christian Teachings. To the Conservative Reformed, this woman was considered a threat. ICON stands for all things Conservative Reformed, so you could at least understand his position.

Now Mohler is being heralded as the champion of Conservative Reformed thinking. I pray that it is a balanced position to hold.

Personally I believe that Conservative Reformed thinking has no room for any other division....not Fundamentalists, not Primitive Baptists, etc. They confuse Christian Justice with their stance.....so they are justified in the position they hold. If they could only lean towards the 'Mercy' position, we would all be better off.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and you need to understand that "extra ecclesiam nulla salus" catechism which is the heart of Hardline Restrictivism is the issue here.

49 But this multitude that knoweth not the _____ are accursed. Jn 7

a. law
    b. gospel

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and Icon insinuates all those outside of what he considers orthodox are hellbound. IOW, if you're not like Iconoclast 'to hell with you'.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont even know what you are talking about.....so I googled it. Its a Catholic doctrine....nothing outside the church. Are you implying this is a RC conspiracy?

Regarding hardline restrictivism, yea perhaps you got something......is that akin to anal retentive thinking?!? Laugh

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you read the article? By no means is it 'Catholic only' doctrine.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No...... Is it long & tedious? I really have no patience for that . Perhaps you can summarize!.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you should read it.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have spoken to him personally. He doesn't think that way. But he is rigid. I think I can understand why ...but that is something I wont disclose.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That sounds threatening.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Earth Wind and Fire

No one said anything about admiring him or any other person more than Christ. When you make this kind of comment you show you are not really dealing with the issue at hand.

this does not make sense.

It is Dr.Mohler....he is a gifted accomplished person. You speak of him as if he he was some guy bagging groceries at shop rite.
    You do know...you read what she said.

you are critical of everything so where does any credibility come from.....you are not even a church member....

And yet not in any church?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    kyredneck

It seems that way to you because of your limited, narrow, and wrong view of biblical means of grace, and evangelism. You do not believe in it as most of the PB churches are known and identified as having a twisted view of evangelism...basically they do not obey the great commission.
    I would desire that it was everyone I speak with....The number is known to God.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yes God has a plan that existed before the world was...that is wonderful. No one on earth knows all those who God has included in that plan for salvation....but we do know that God has told us ...TO GO INTO ALL THE WORLD..... and make disciples.
    Everyone does that except PB members....evidently. Sounds like you sit back saying, if God is going to save em, He will save em....and we can just sit here in our little building and wait and see if anyone comes in. good luck with that!CautiousCautiousCautiousCautiousCautious

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jeremy Seth

Jeremy Seth Member

Its a fair concern to point out if you believe someone is practicing idolatry, but I don't see that happening in this thread.
    I don't predict I'll ever get to a point where I individually don't have another greater model of Christian life to learn from, and I hope to correctly identify them as I age.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes God has a plan that existed before the world was...that is wonderful. No one on earth knows all those who God has included in that plan for salvation....but we do know that God has told us ...TO GO INTO ALL THE WORLD..... and make disciples.
    Everyone does that except PB members....evidently. Sounds like you sit back saying, if God is going to save em, He will save em....and we can just sit here in our little building and wait and see if anyone comes in. good luck with that!CautiousCautiousCautiousCautiousCautious[/QUOTE]

He does save them.....He is God & He is sovereign....and sometimes He uses us and every PB knows this. So it confuses me to watch you accuse us for something you Tony do not fully understand and appreciate. I'm going to spend this morning in prayer that you brother have a better/ less biased understanding of Primitive Baptists.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :D Well at least that would be a humble & honest livingWink

So tell me, a child is born brain damaged......cant speak, hear, communicate.....in short, totally incapable of hearing the gospel. Years later, she dies. What is her place in eternity?

How do you know I am not a church member? You know what happens when you assume dont you .....Smile

Are you obsessed with this......Is this what KRN was alluding to?Barefoot

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks..... that clears it up!