1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A return to it's theological foundation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, May 18, 2016.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is it you've done to insinuate Molly Marshall will 'perish' for being unorthodox?:

"but many nice persons who commit nice rebellion against God will perish"

You've examined her and found her deserving of eternal consequences for her 'rebellion'. You've certainly been 'examining' the PBs on this thread.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you. Mt 7

It's the same thing I've stated to you before, you habitually read eternal consequences into scripture where it is not intended. His children reap and are chastised in this temporal realm. Their home in heaven is assured.

2. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And exactly what is it you think this means?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Many nice persons......is a general statement that fits nicely into Mt 7:21-24......it did not mention
    It means exactly what it says.....someone God is at work in.....will work, labor, and use every biblical means necessary to persevere in the faith....so they will never fail.....they work out what God is working in them to do....
    A false professor is religious in the flesh....devoid of the Spirit, and multitudes of them go on to hell according to Jesus in Mt 7.....many multitudes....despite your protests against this idea....it is a fact.
    Many will come short, many will draw back, like a pig going back to the mire.
    Many will draw back, and apostatize unto perdition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ???

"No doubt she might indeed be a "nice lady'....but many nice persons who commit nice rebellion against God will perish."

There's nothing in that context that says they will do it. They're being admonished to do it.

"Give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure"; sure to whom, Icon? God? You think it means that our diligence (works) will cinch the deal of eternal life with God?

Winman seen a wicked Calvinist behind every bush, with you it's false professors, and I've yet to figure out how to know who they are and what I'm supposed to do about it other than withdraw from them (if I can ever figure out if they are indeed false professors).

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another hint; you can't access his profile page.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "kyredneck,

I had already told you God alone is her judge.
    She shows her rebellion against 1 tim 2:11-14.
    Those who follow her and sit under her teaching are also in danger.
    I think the passage is quite clear.
    "Give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure"; sure to whom, Icon? God?

Continuance in the faith , is evidence of the faith....no perserverance / no biblical assurance.
    God knows who is who;
    The Lord knoweth them who are His.....let everyone who names the name of Christ depart for iniquity.
    You have election, and mans responsibilty right here.
    It means without these works in the life , it shows no Spirit indwelling the person.

You warn them and suggest self examination....then watch as PB brothers will attack you as if you were an Arminian.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, besides her, those who hear her and those who HIRED her are all in danger of hell, right?

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus had religious people in Mind... .mt7
    They presumed their religion was acceptable.
    Jesus informed them accordingly.
    Are you suggesting you are a PB pope and absolving them...declaring them osas?

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "kyredneck,

Do you think people who defy God will not perish eternally?
    I never met this woman. AL Mohler did, saw she was in error and dealt with it. She did not repent but found itching ears to listen to her.
    '.

I never said such a thing as I leave it open ended....I told you God alone is her judge. You are trying to paint me into a corner, that i have not gone into, but the fact is you went overboard in your objection and are trying to salvage it by making up what you would have me to say or think.
    You cannot show me saying what you suggest...as I did not say it. I framed it in the "if the shoe fits category". The warnings are in scripture for a reason. I take heed personally and suggest others do likewise. You sit back in your hyper-cal fatalism and accuse me for not jumping over the cliff with you.
    You are welcome to your view which is in error. I am welcome to mine.
    I have no interaction with PB persons that i know of. Evidently they keep too themselves and desire to separate from Calvinistic persons. That is fine with me. I have no ax to grind with them unless they deny the means God has ordained and go on the attack as you have.
    yes... a fine verse...I like this one myself;
    24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

And we do not agree here .....while I can agree with you that all believers are chastised here as per hebrews 12;
    5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
    I think verse 14 is eternal.......WITHOUT WHICH NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD.

What do you think it means? They all go to heaven and it does not matter if they are what are described as bastards and not sons??? They go to heaven...but do not get to see the Lord temporarily even though scripture says every eye shall see Him.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you certain they are not in danger of hell? Do you suggest Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, and that whole crowd are a-okay? If family members wanted to listen or attend their churches would you be okay with that, after all you suggest we not judge?

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I have, but I know how extreme you are. So extreme that you say David could not have been 'saved' yet when he committed his sin. In your mind God's children err very, very little if at all when the fact is they're capable of great error. They're capable of making shipwreck of the faith and still go to heaven.

I'm done here.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is extreme.....and I would really like to know his position of Arthur Pink......but with that said, may I suggest that for those interested in "EXTREMES" read the sermon on the mount.

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest they study the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ... Now that is Ultra Extreme!... You know they tried to cover that up!:eek:... Like it never happened!... Oh well!... Brother Glen

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, I think they even killed the guy.....but He kept poppin up again.:Inlove

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is from A.W. Pink;
    Pink zeros in......

God is dreadfully incensed by this sin, and in the common commission of this Heaven-insulting crime — our country has incurred terrible guilt.

It has become almost impossible to walk the streets or enter mixed company, without hearing the sacred Name of God treated with blasphemous contempt. The novels of the day, the theater, and even the radio, are terrible offenders! And without doubt, this is one of the fearful sins against Himself for which God is now pouring out His judgments upon us. Of old, He said unto Israel, "Because of swearing the land mourns; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil" (Jeremiah 23:10). And He is still the same: "The Lord will not hold him guiltless, who takes His Name in vain." Sore punishment shall be his portion, if not in his life, then most assuredly so, eternally so, in the life to come!

#115 Iconoclast, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not understand why you put this here......who said anything about using the Lords name in vein? Did I miss something?