1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A sad day for Christians in California and maybe in the US also.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

That is simply not true. Look at ANY of the polls leading up to the election. Davis was always voted to be recalled and the Republican candidate, whether Arnold or McClintock, was always slated to win. ALL of the polls showed this.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mt. 13:31-33, "He presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches." He spoke another parable to them, "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened."

I have a hard enough time just trying to get the Christians to do what they ought to do without trying to change the world through non-believers. I don't see that Jesus had much success that way either.

1 Peter 4:17, "For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?"

3. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I had a tough time in deciding between Arnold and McClintock. Do I vote for the person whole beliefs resemble my own or do I vote for the candidate that is most likely to defeat Bustemante?

As an aside, is it me or does Bustemante look like Mr Spacely from the The Jetsons?

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Again, you underestimate Gray Davis. He is superb campaigner. He also had Former President Clinton and his team at his disposal. Had Arnold dropped out of the race, I can assure you that Davis would have kept his job.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In my small world it seems that a number of people I know didn't trust Davis. I think that was it in a nutshell.

6. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

The problem here is that Arnold is no better than Bustamante or Davis. The bible says this:
    Pro 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
    If California evr had a chance it would have been with McClintock. He is not the messiah, but his testimony represents his faith in Christ.

7. Tanker

Tanker New Member

>>>>>Think of it this way - A step toward the right in California is a step closer to God not further away.<<<<<<<

That's strange. I don't believe that God has ever been recorded as being in favor of the "right" or conservatives or anything like that. It is not in my bible.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I lived in California, I would have voted for Arnold.

I do not vote based on party affiliation. I vote for the person based on the situation. If I lived in California I would have wanted Mr. Davis out and Mr. Bustemante to not win. McClintock could not have won and will never win the governorship of California, as it is not a conservative state and has not been since Ronald Reagan left the governorship. Therefore, I would have voted for Arnold. :cool:

9. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

A vote for Arnold was a vote for:

1)baby killing
    2)sodomite marriages
    3)Hollywood

"The lesser of two evils is still evil"
    Alan Keyes

10. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Strange that the Kingdom of God still continues inspite of a non-Christ winning a political office. It is sad how many Christians put their faith in government, just sad.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Yes Gunther it is sad. It is also sad when a person of faith is not even concerned about the direction of the country they live in. SAD
    :( :( :( :( [​IMG] [​IMG] :( [​IMG]

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The abortion issue is a federal issue, and not a state issue. A governor has nop power to limit federally guaranteed abortion. As for pro-sodomite, there haven't been people emigrating from Sodom in quite a while. I guess you missed Mr. Schwarzenegger's radio interview during his campaign where he said (and I quote) "... marriage should be between a man and a woman only". Additionally, the California State law reserves marriage between a man and a woman.

No, there aren't many California Christians that adhere to the McCarthyist "you may only be a member of this political party" backwards mentality. Californians didn't give a rip as to the man's political party affiliation. They voted for him because they felt he was the best man to undo the damage caused by the previous governor.

Where in the Bible does it say that Christians must be registered Republicans? Oh, that must be the book of Hezekiah.

Jimmy Carter must be hellbound.
    I thank God that you're not America's alarm clock. If it were so, I'd be the first to smack the snooze for ten more minutes of rest.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That may be the case elsewhere, but here in CA, McClintock got as much time as the rest.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Why do you assume Mr Schwarzenegger is not a Christian?

15. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Johnv Replied:
    What a lame reason to justify voting for a person who believes in anti-Christian values. AARRNOOLD said he was for a women's right to chose(baby killing). He said he was for Gay rights(out of his own mouth). Your smart aleck comment about the word Sodomite shows your lack of concern for the moral directions of this country.

That is not true. You had many vote for him because they wanted their governor to be labeled a republican. He could have been a log cabin republican and been elected. He will do nicely with your brand of liberal christianity that cares little about moral values.

Where in the world did you come up with that conclusion based on what I said. I am a follower of Jesus Christ, first and foremost. When I vote I don't choose the lesser of 2 evils. I vote based on judeo-christian values established by God's Word.

He he doesn't get saved he will. Much of what he promotes is anti-christianity.

Well at least you finally admit you are asleep.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!! :D

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Interesting, coming from a person who knows neither the biblical definition nor the contemporary definition of the word. The bible defines a sodomite as either a resident of Sodom, or a temple prostitute. The contemporary term defines a sodomite as a person who engages in sexual contact between genitals and mouth or anus. Most married couples are sodomites.

Oh please, your brand of hyperfundamentalism is far from real Christianity,

I, too, am a follower of Jesus Christ first and foremost. And I, too, use Christian values to assist me in deciding whom I'll vote for. But I do so based on God's word revealed to me by the Holy Spirit, not by you.

You think Jimmy Carter is not saved? Interesting, since you base that determination on his works. I thought salvation was by faith, not by works. I guess you feel that applies to you only.
    No, your perverted brand of Christianity has simply forced me into an induced coma.

17. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

I will let your comments speak volumes by itself.
    :D :D :D

..for thy speech betrayeth thee.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

:rolleyes:

From someone who thinks Jimmy Carter is unsaved, any negative comment would be a compliment.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1)Abortion will never be illegal in the USA again. We can work around the edges with waiting periods and parental notification, but that's about it. To base one's vote on the abortion issue is unwise and counterproductive in my estimation.

2) If I recall correctly, Arnold is not favor of homosexual marriages, but is willing to allow the idea of civil unions which is probably be the way the situation is handled eventually in the USA, in my opinion - hyper-fundamentalists notwithstanding.

3) Hollywood is an industry, no different from other industries such as the oil industry, the auto industry, the preaching industry, etc. :cool:

20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Spot the difference:

1966 - a vote for the Gipper

2003 - a vote for the Groper ("Mine vill be a hands-on administration")

Yours in Christ

Matt