1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A sad day for Christians in California and maybe in the US also.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Xingyi Warrior

Xingyi Warrior New Member

PLease correct me if I'm wrong Matt, and I very well could be, but wern't you once on the political forum defending presidents Clinton's legacy? It could have been one of the other guys from England, just checking.

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Several times, my dear fellow, several times. And I will be the first to chuck stones at the Slick Willy for his sexual shennanigans as I am at Arnie for his. BUT, and this is a big but, Clinton knocks spots off Arnie and Bush for intellect, political savvie, foreign policy (as we who are frequently on the receiving end of US foreign policy see it), the economy, welfare, social justice etc. So, yes, I would say Bill left a great legacy from my point of view which made it even more of a great shame that he messed up sexually. Which is more important - that he brought peace (albeit temporary but, hey, a heck of a lot better than we have now)to the Middle East and saved quitea large number of lives thereby, or that he had a romp with an intern?

Yours in Christ

Matt

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

John V said:
    Ken H said:
    Abortion may never be illegal, but I am not going to heap coals on our heads by voting for someone, anyone, who is pro baby killing.

Civil unions is a stamp of approval for the sodomites and their sin. A pro sodomite politician will never get my vote. NEVER.

So hollywood is the same as the preaching industry, humm. Does your pastor know you feel that way. Of course preaching is not an industry, it is a calling. Hollywood is for making money and promoting perversion.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What about TBN, then? That's pretty much an industry

Yours in Christ

Matt

5. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

TBN as well as MOST TV evangelist are for making money, so it is is an industry. The influence of money runs all thru them. That is not true biblical preaching.
    Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.