1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Salute to the Military

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

How do I salute their intent without encouraging their choices? I think the GIs are deluded by government propaganda.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would know about being deluded. We can do without your salute!

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No delusion and a noble intent. They are just men and women who understand that they risk it all so other folks can freely run off at the mouth. My Great Grandfather lost an eye at the Wilderness to defend your right to say what you want. Grandpa was awarded the Silver Star for crawling across an open field - under fire - to save one of his buddies. Dad was in France just long enough to earn a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts. They would both support your right to say silly things in public.

My brother and I served during a time of peace with the exception of the Red Brigade blowing up cars in our housing areas in Germany. We are of the same mind on this -- blather away.

Now my middle son has been to the Land of Bad Things and has seen the very sandy elephant. He plays with bombs for a living and he and his buddies saved a lot of lives disarming IEDs. I showed him your comments. You didn't even merit a reply. He just shook his head and walked away.

Maybe I should have followed his example, shook my head and ignored your post. I should have but I cannot. You have the right to say anything you want and five generations of my family have fought for that freedom. There is nothing that says I have to like what you said. Good thing. Your comments were foolish, heartless and cowardly. Don't dishonor nobility just because it is such a foreign concept in your world.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So very true!

I see these bumper stickers that say "War is not the Answer"

They may not realize it, but they are somewhat on the right path.

The correct answer is:
    UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER = VICTORY

SOME GAVE ALL - ALL GAVE SOME