1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Secret Rapture? How Can It Be?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Gregory Perry Sr., Oct 18, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Its a generality not specific. If we equate time with a ruler it is similar to the rapture happening at 11 15/16"...the end of the ruler.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He believes the rapture will happen......on the last day,

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Thanks..

Thanks Webdog.....I don't mind anyone participating as long as they wish to stick to the intent of the OP...which is basically the "nuts and bolts" as it were, of the event that those of us believers who accept it as true, believe of the rapture. I take great hope and joy in that event even though I know nobody can know exactly when it will happen. That expectation motivates me to live and walk closer to my Lord and hopefully be a fruitful child for Him. I'm not looking for the easy life here. Matter of fact I do believe we face some significant challenges in this world in the coming days. I'm thankful to be saved.:praying: I don't wish to see this thread de-volve into another argument about dispensationalism or Calvinism/reformed theology. This is a PRO-rapture thread by design.

Bro.Greg

4. Gregory Perry Sr.

A Quick Blink....

Convicted.....The term end-time is a general term as I'm sure you know. I feel comfortable from a current prophetic standpoint in saying that we are in the "end times". That last 1007 years you refer too will have a definite and specific,literal beginning and ending from the standpoint of how WE KEEP TRACK OF TIME. However, from what we can discern from scripture in 2 Peter 3:8 that same 1007 year period of time is, in God's eyes, barely a "blip" on the radar screen of eternity. When we get our glorified bodies we'll finally understand fully what that is all about! Infinity is a concept I quite frankly can't get my limited brain to fasten on to right now.
    As for the Rapture....I HOPE that it happens in my physical lifetime but I can't predict that it will. I've always had a fantasy that I'd like to be walking by a cemetery when that trump sounds. It would be awesome to get to see our brothers and sisters RISE in that twinkling of an eye before we depart......talk about a REVIVAL!!!:thumbsup: I l live in hope!

Bro.Greg:praying:

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Rather than type it all out myself, this article explains the 70 weeks of Daniel. Without studying Daniel it is impossible to understand end times.

69 weeks have been accomplished, with 1 week left yet to be finished, culminating in the full 70 weeks.

http://www.gotquestions.org/tribulation.html

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have actually spent some time thinking about this question. I tend to agree with the number of actual saved persons at that exact point in time as being much less than we might expect. The ones left are the ones that are not saved at that point in time. Now, if another major event or theory occurs at the same time as the Rapture, it could be used to explain away the missing. For example, some type of celestial event we are unfamiliar with, or using a similar theory of another religion. All I am saying is that I am sure the Anti Christ, if that is how the end times actually occurs, will have no trouble coming up with a reason other than Jesus Christ of the Bible starting the end time clock.

I have heard that some people think the ones left behind should be the saved, and the ones taken are the lost. There would not be many left if that is the case.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Daniel 9:24- 27
    24. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    25. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    26. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    27. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Q1. From the above Scripture when was the Messiah, Jesus Christ cut off, that is killed?

A1. He was killed AFTER the 69th week. That means he was killed during the 70th week.

Q2. When did "sacrifice and oblation cease"?

A2. In the midst of the 70th week! With the death of Jesus Christ sacrifice ceased as far as God was concerned. Jesus Christ was the ultimate and final sacrifice for sin.

Now it is true that the Jews continued to offer useless sacrifice in the temple until God had it destroyed in 70 AD. There is absolutely no Scriptural basis for the insertion of 2000+ years between the 69th and 70th week!

#27 OldRegular, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old Regular.....I need to speak to you privately. I will be pinging you on the PM in just a few.

9. Gregory Perry Sr.

A Small Number...

SN...good post...in my opinion the number taken in the rapture will be relatively small when compared to the total overall population of the world at large. The true "church" has always been in the numerical minority. However...if it is looked at from the perspective you and I have as single individuals that will be a "crowd"...don't you think?

Bro.Greg:type:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What part of the op do you not understand? Twice you were asked not to debate the view or participate.

11. OldRegular

Just how does that view comport with the following Scripture?

Revelation 7:9-17
    9. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
    10. And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
    11. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
    12. Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
    13. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
    14. And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    15. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
    16. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
    17. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

12. Gregory Perry Sr.

Ignore...!

No Comment...Start Your Own Thread!

Bro.Greg

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Greg, the trolls are hungry... :)

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greg.... if you will allow me this side comment!

most people, if you have been here long enough, are on somebodies ignore list....soon nobody will be able to talk to anyone cause......We are all on each others "Ignore" list...LOL!!! :smilewinkgrin:

15. OldRegular

This is an open Forum. The purpose is for all to discuss, debate Scripture. There are no private threads.

But it is still a free country and you are entitled to a non response. In fact if you don't want to read my posts you can put me on your ignore list and then you will not be offended by my posts!

16. OldRegular

It would seem to me that if you are not ashamed of your viewpoint you would be happy to defend it and perhaps convince others of their error!

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep...............

18. OldRegular

This is a Baptist Forum. I believe the dispensational eschatology is contrary to Scripture and to historic Baptist doctrine. I will continue to express my understanding of Scripture on this Forum. If dispensationalists are wary of what Scripture teaches then so be it!

19. Gregory Perry Sr.

Impossible...

You, sir, are impossible to ignore...particularly when it would many times take entirely full pages to even print what you post....and yes...I know I am long-winded with my keyboard as well...I'll say that about myself before you or anyone else can accuse me of it.
    My point would only be this....I DO NOT AGREE with YOUR interpretation of the scriptures on this topic...but I do NOT wish to conduct an argument with you or anyone who believes as you do. I was simply HOPING to enjoy at least one thread where those of us who believe in the GLORIOUS TRUTHS of Biblical Dispensationalism and the attending eschatological sequence of end-time events that WE hold dear could have some fellowship together without being challenged at every turn. Call it a Bible Conference for those who believe in the Rapture. But I guess you are not going to allow us that freedom. Very sad. That was the reason I requested what I did in the OP. Again...you are free to believe what you want to about the what the scriptures teach. I will continue believeing what I do unless the Lord teaches me differently (and I am open to His leading). I'm sorry you cannot honor my request. At least I know the kind of rules you live by.:tear:

Bro.Greg

20. OldRegular

Am I to assume that dispensationalists are a privileged class and they can utilize a debate forum to pat each other on the back while those who reject the error of dispensationalism sit idly by. I believe your doctrine is wrong, therefore, I submit the following Scripture for your prayerful consideration.

2 Timothy4:1-4
    1. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Of course you can always petition the administrators to establish a separate Dispensationalism Forum where only those who hold that doctrine can participate. Then you can spend your time building each other up rather than study and understand Scripture through the eyes of the Holy Spirit instead of Darby/Scofield.

Finally it is a fact that many are deserting the classic dispensationalist teaching regarding both the "parenthesis" Church and the pre-trib eschatology. For that fact I thank God.