1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A sensible op-ed on the Tea Partiers

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

A fair and balanced (did I just say that?) perspective on the Tea Parties.

CLICK HERE

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It didn't seem very "fair and balanced" to me! It was just a back handed slap justified by a weak acknowledgment of the well established right to petition the government for a redress of grievances. It was really just an opportunity to proclaim that the opposition is nothing but a bunch of "racists" etc. The reason for the Tea Party movement, my friend, is that people are indeed unhappy with the "change" and what to reverse direction while there's still time. They'll be a few who'll misuse this movement and they'll get lots of media time as can be expected but that won't change the core reasons for the movement. Our politicians better wise up and pay attention or they'll eventually find themselves seeking real work instead of the living off the production of vote buying schemes.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It wasn't to bad. But to repeat the following statement:

Means you do not understand the message or are just trying to distort it. But is is in line with the mantra coming from the Whitehouse which means it is not credible.