1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A simple QT really...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Lori

Lori New Member

I am currently wondering if it would be ok to attend a singles function at a larger church that I am not a member of.

I feel like it wouldn't be right, but that could just be me over-reacting.

Thanks for the advice,

azwyld
    <*}}}><

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If you have that need, and your own church isn't supplying that need, I say "sure, go ahead". I did that prior to joining the church I'm attending now.

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

I would go.

I am assuming of course that:
    1. You are single.
    2. This other church is comparable to your own in its basic beliefs and practices.

You need to be careful of course, like you would going to any function. You are libel to find some guys there who are anything but Christian. If it is a large church that advertises big single events you will find that it attracts all kinds. But, you also have a very good chance of meeting some single people who share your core beliefs and morals.

When I taught adult singles Sunday school I sent our singles to other churches for such functions often. Usually it worked out better if they could go as a group or in pairs and look out for each other. Is there anyone else you could go with?

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you feel it's not right? Is it because it's not your "home" church? Is it a Spiritual belief from within that it's sinful?

If it's the former, don't be concerned about it; just GO. A REAL church welcomes strangers. If it seems sinful to you for whatever reason, then by all means DON'T go.

5. Lori

Lori New Member

I just know the church I'm thinking of going back to is very small and there's nobody really there my age that's also single.

Unfortunately if I don't go to a christian singles function I'm not libel to meet anyone. But then is is God who is the matchmaker and will run me into "the one" when it's time. =o)

Thanks again for the advice. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be committing a major fauxpas (sp?)

<*}}}><
    azwyld

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I'd go. Its just a function, right? Its not moving your letter.

7. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

I think going sounds like fun for you. However, do think about whether or not you like the church. It is likely that if you find someone there that already attends that church, they will be pretty set in continuing attending that church and you would probably be the one that changes churches in that case....just something to think about...

8. rufus

rufus New Member

GO, GIRL!

9. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I always wondered about that kind of stuff too, not just singles but all kinds of other things. Everyone says it's ok so go for it. You never know what God has or who God has in store for you! I met my guy in an odd setting when I was least expecting it.

10. Lori

Lori New Member

Well so far I haven't heard of many functions, but then if I were to get on the 2Bap wsite they might have something coming up. I was actually thinking ahead to around Valentine's day and what types of activities might be going on then. =o)

I suppose I will go if I find something that is of interest to me. I will also keep in mind the advice that some singles events at really large churches don't just bring the believers out. Ifn' I'm not careful I could wind up catching a troll. =o)

azwyld
    <*}}}><

11. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

You go, girl...and REJOICE!