1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A strike to your self-esteem

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

OK, I wasn't going to respond to this, but I will. It is this type of immaturity that had people all over you. You ask questions like, "why does he hate me?" and then respond like this.

Your post made no mention of you talking to him. So I asked a simple question, wondering how you could know something you couldn't, based on the information given. And you respond like this.

This post alone shows me that you do not have the maturity to handle these pastors that you are sending letters to. You respond to me like this, and I am not even one of your hecklers.

I know you won't do this, but I challenge you to take a step back and take a good, honest look at your conduct on the board, and only after you do that reexamine the responses you've been getting.

Now, I'll be blunt because I feel you need this: you came on here with zeal. But you turned into a jerk. You insulted others who tried to help you, and ignored sound advice. Your posts constantly seek the praise of man. Quit being a big baby, man up, and do what you feel called to. Don't seek anyone's praise here. But do seek advice. And if you seek advice, do not bite the hand that gives it.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must have snapped. Apologies.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I promise: this will be the last time I ask. How does sending such letters fulfill the great commission? I would seriously like to see Evangelist's answer.

It's the last time I'll ask, because the point has been made.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Mark 16:15 read it to see the answer.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all know what Mark 16:15 says; as well as Matt 28:19-20. What I would like explained is how writing such letters fulfills those scriptures.

Teach me. Let us reason it out.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My error. Jesus did lots of reasoning with the Jewish leaders in the Gospel of John. My goal in doing this is more apologetics.

Also Matt 12:22-28

#26 evangelist6589, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But this doesn't explain the use of letters, as opposed to what you describe (Jesus reasoning with the leaders), or what the Great Commission says ("Go"). Please explain further.

Also, how does Matt 12:22-28 apply to this?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Probably because I am implying his teachings and methods to my situation which is using or attempting to reason with them.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Puritans uh? Are stockades next?

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about it, he doesn't answer my questions either.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I think you meant "applying," not "implying." Or perhaps you meant "employing" - but that implies you're using His methods, which leads to....

Second, "applying His teachings and methods" -- what letters did He write? What methods did He employ?

Third, is the use of a letter actually "reasoning" with anyone? Answer: only if they respond, and continue to respond. As it stands, the only scriptural example of using letters we have are the letters written by Paul, Peter, John, etc.; and those were all written to fellow believers.

Write your letters; but don't confuse writing letters with "reasoning out the scriptures" or "fulfilling the Great Commission." To fulfill the Great Commission, we must go; we must preach; and we must make disciples. Not just preach; not just go; and definitely not just sit in the safety of an impersonal piece of paper, or behind an impersonal phone, or email, or internet message board.

You're doing the first part by going out into the street. We would love to hear more about your discipleship efforts.

Consider the Ethiopian eunuch, when asked if he understood what he was reading: "How can I, except some man should guide me?" And he asked Philip to sit with him.

Perhaps you should try Philip's method: Ask them if they understand what they're reading. They might ask you to sit with them.

#31 Don, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it goes quiet again.