1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Stupid Statement

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

When speaking on the Iraq war and Bush's bad decision to invade Iraq Obama made this simple statement in a speech delivered in Chicago on October 2, 2002.

“I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.”

Can anyone remember a war where we knew exactly how long it would take, exactly how much it would cost and exactly what the consequences would be at the presumed end? To quote Churchill:

"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events."

Obama's statement just shows the extent of his foreign policy experience.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now there you go bursting the bubble of the "O" worshipers.
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself!!:thumbs:

Seriously, the groveling minions of "O" will not acknowledge ANY crack in the "master's" facade, so you arejust preaching to the choir.:BangHead::BangHead:

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

A friend sent me a site that details Obama's rhetorical foibles..much like Bush's wrestling matches with the language. I'll have to see what I did with it. Some are pretty amusing. While the best speaker in the race, he is not immune from saying some pretty remedial things

One I remember was something on this order: "America is the greatest country in the world, and I can't wait to change that" :)

4. billwald

billwald New Member

This is maybe the first war in the history with no way to determine when it is won. The war on terror is over when everyone love us?

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This just in: the enemy is radical Islam, and it's gone nowhere for a thousand plus years. It's not going anywhere soon. The "war" is going to be one that is waged on one level or another until Christ returns (ya know, the Messiah, whose death and resurrection we just celebrated?)

Back to your regularly scheduled programming already in progress......

6. billwald

billwald New Member

If we must be afraid of radical Islam till hell freezes over then why are we not required to be afraid of NAZIs and even let them parade?

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:applause: :applause:

And so we get this country boy from Texas who is going to force peace on the middle east. :thumbs: ;)