1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Thought About ANGER....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 7, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To begin with, the word "anger" is just one letter shy of the word "Danger" Anger is dangerous for one's witness, health, and others who may be the recipients of our anger, one way or another!

Now, here is a neat story that you who pastor, or serve in the ministry in one form or another, will thoroughly enjoy, and if you do like it, feel free to use it and share it. It is a subtle, yet all important reminder that ALL of us who serve, still get bit by the "Angry bug" from time to time!

The wife turns to her husband and says, "Honey; you have to forgive those who have wronged you and caused anger to rise up with you! So, get up out of this bed ... it's time to head on out to church"... the husband, who knows his wife is right, says, "But, the people are always talking about me, and they get on my nerves, and they hurt my feelings... I just get so mad at them!" Nodding her head in agreement with her downhearted husband, she smiles and reminds him that, "That may be well and true, BUT there are three good reasons to go... First - It's the right thing to do; Secondly - You always get something out of the sermon; and most importantly, You're the Pastor!"

How often do we, as pastors feel like the punch line, or congregational punching bag, in the above story?

I hope this puts some pep in your step, and more importantly, that it drives home the importance of not letting anger get the best of you as well as get you down!

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A pastor, during a revival meeting told of trying to get to a little church in the mountains of West Virginia and while climbing the side of a mountain, and being a bit late, he got behind an old man doing about 30 miles an hour, which made him even later at arriving and stirred his anger.

He finally found a spot big enough to pass, roared around that old man and shook his fist at him while passing.

He ripped up that mountain, down the other side and pulled into the church parking lot. While standing outside speaking with the pastor..., that little old man pulled in the parking lot.

He said he tired to hide but he was the guest speaker. No place to hide. :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Anger is Danger for sure.