1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"A time is coming and has now come..."?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jesus is Lord, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

Jesus said in John 4:23
    "Yet a time is coming and has now come...".
    In John 5:25 He said
    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is..."

Jesus says that a time is coming but it´s also already there. I believe that this refers to an "overlapping" of the dispensations. Because although Jesus hasn´t died on the cross yet He forgave sins etc. It seems to me that the gospel are kind of an exception where dispensations are concerned.

Anyway, my question is if this can be or is it just a Hebrew way of saying "The time is here." or something like that.

God bless.

[ June 10, 2004, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Jesus is Lord ]

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is my view that the NT was written during the transition period between the ending of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New. Your first verse is a reference to worshiping in the physical Temple(O.C.), but soon worship will be in the spiritual Temple(N.C.). The second verse is speaking of N.C. salvation where the dead are made alive.

3. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

So "a time is coming and has now come" is not just a Jewish way to express something?

4. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think so. However someone who is more familiar with Hebrew idioms might help us out.