1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Time of Prayer and Reflection for Malasian Flight 17

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 17, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look I know this is a discussion board, and while there is a prayer forum, it doesn't get the views this forum gets, so I am asking the moderators to permit this request for prayer to remain here, and I would like to encourage all on this particular forum to use the comment section to say a prayer, and if need be to discuss this senseless murder of 298 people including three infants.

If you post a prayer for the families in the comment section, and maybe even what we the church can do to pray for the massive loss of innocent people today!

Our prayers can and will strengthen and help to carry those in mourning, through this loss!:applause:

Father, I join with my fellow Baptist brothers and sisters and ask that our prayers of comfort and peace go out immediately to those who are still numb with denial from the loss. To comfort those whose grief is so overwhelming at this time, and I pray that if there is a way that this tragedy can be turned into something good for those who remain behind, that this loss of life serves to remind the survivors and the world that Jesus is Lord, and that this prayer to be one of the drawing people into a deeper, more personal knowledge of Jesus as Savior and Lord! Amen!!!

2. JeremyV

JeremyV Member

Lord, I ask you to be with those that have lost loved ones in this terrible tragedy. Bring them a peace and comfort that only you can give. Use this as an opportunity to draw these people to you. Those that do not know you, to a saving faith. Those that are already yours, into a deeper relationship with you. Be with those that caused this destruction. If they feel no remorse, convict them of their sins. If they do, then show them the way to be made right in your sight. Above all, I ask that your will be done. Amen.