1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A truly great christian...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by D28guy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

...and I mean that in the best way, not meaning that I am lifting HIM up in any inordinate way.

We hear so much of national christian spokesmen and preachers. Denominational leaders. People with "sign gifts", etc. And I am certainly not trying to diminish those brothers and sisters at all.

But there are millions of simple, humble men and women who live powerfully for Jesus Christ every day. Flying "under the radar" as they say, but not under Gods radar. God knows all about them, and (((Praise God))) men and women of this sort will recieve their reward in due time.

This one has...

http://www.kentucky.com/219/story/103644.html

God bless,

Mike

2. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Thanks, Mike. I needed that today. :wavey:

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Yes, thanks for sharing that!

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

That man surely prayed for his 3 sons many times. I have a feeling that all 3 will eventually come to their senses and embrace Christ...and brother Lloyd will finally have that reconciliation with his sons that he longed for...in heaven.

Mike

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Loyd's story was inspirational to me .

Mike , do you come from a place that puts Acts 17:11 into practice ?

6. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Rippon,

Ha ha! Well...some of us do. :thumbs:

My little town of Berea Ky is one of the greatest and coolest small towns in the USA to live. Only about 10,000 in population, with tons and tons of small town charm. Its a tourist attraction, as it has been given the title "The Appalachian Folk Arts Capital of Kentucky" by the state. Lots and lots or artisians of all types here. Basket weaving, musical instrument making, painting, sculptors, musicians, etc.

The city and college of the same name were founded simultaneously in the mid 1800's by Rev John G. Fee. He did indeed name the small village and college "Berea" after the biblical Berea, because they "recieved the word with all readiness of mind". Unfortunetly, the same thing that has happened to many "mainline" denominations has happened with our college. It is now quite liberal. I'm sure many students do indeed "search the scriptures daily", but I'm sure their are some who would "consult the Goddess" daily for wisdom.

Still, its a wonderful place to life. As a musician I am very much at home here. And there are lots of small independant Baptist and Pentecostal fellowships all around this area where people DO still "search the scriptures daily". As the college has gone liberal, God has caused all these other churches to crop up in its place. :godisgood:

Take a cyber tour...

(just keep clicking "next" and arrows for more pics)

http://gallery.kyhometown.com/v/madison_county/berea/aav.jpg.html

God bless,

Mike