1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Very Blessed Graduation

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by wpe3bql, May 23, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Last night (5/22) I attended one of the most blessed and God-honoring high school graduation ceremonies I've ever had the privilege of attending.

It was the 34th Annual Commencement for Lighthouse Christian School. It was also the largest senior class LCS has ever had; in fact, it was so large that they had to use the c. 1,000-seat auditorium of another church to contain the crowd in attendance (all seats were filled).

Every senior had a very impressive record--both academically and spiritually. Some are going on to college or the military and some are going almost directly to a foreign mission field.

While most of the students are from the local region, there were others of African, Asian, and Latin American origins.

Doctor Al Henson, President of LCS, gave a wonderful charge to them based on 2 Timothy 2:1 ("Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.").

This morning's Facebook was filled with pictures and videos of what took place at this graduation.

May God richly bless these fine young men and women!

More information about LCS can be found at the website www.lighthouseministries.org . (Click on the "Ministries" tab and then click on the "School" tab.)