1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A very interesting God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Everything! If your name had not been written in that book sou would not have believed in this time dimension!

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If my name had not been written in that book I would never have felt the need for Him in this time dimension.

3. OldRegular

I will amen that!

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A gospel relationship with the Saviour is the most precious possession His little lambs could ever have in this time world, but, a gospel relationship with the Saviour is not a requirement to become one of God's little lambs. It's the grandest of all privileges bar none, but not a requirement.

As I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest. Heb 3:11

Ain't that a shocker? Here He done redeemed them out of the house of bondage with a strong hand and then denies them entrance into the land of milk and honey.

You think He wouldn't still yet do that with His own today?

You think His redeemed are entitled to enter into His rest?

Think again.

It's a privilege, not a requirement.

#84 kyredneck, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

Makes God look like a whimsical, nonsensical, tantrum-throwing God unsure of what He really wants with His subjects, don't it ?

excellent points, brother.

6. OldRegular

I would like to see supporting Scripture!

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, I thought I gave that! Supporting scripture concerning what OR? That God is not 'obligated' to grant His own deliverance in this temporal realm, but instead can and will appoint for their lot a life of 'wandering in the desert places'?

What you're asking for is similar to asking for clear concise scripture supporting the Trinity; it has to be reasoned and deduced from the entire Bible and not just a few pointed passages.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own?.... Mt 20:15

8. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess not, if what we propose is contrary to popular gospel and preaching, like not all the elect getting to hear the gospel and therefore not all experiencing gospel salvation here in time.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're preaching to the choir brother. Hardline restrictivism is a horrendous doctrine.

10. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    going back to the original premise (right word ?) of this here horrendously (apologies to kyredneck) heretical OP, I was having a talk with a friend of mine about the very thing: God giving a command which is impossible for finite, spatially challenged, creatures like redeemed believers to do.
    which is, to go and preach the gospel to every creature.
    and he gave his take on it, which I find to be very agreeable.
    backgrounder:

Jews of Jesus' time were going to be labeled racist and hate talkers if they were living in our time.
    that is because they consider anyone who is not a 100% Jew to be lower mortals, in fact, Jesus Himself referred to this bias (though He did not necessarily agree with it) in that conversation where the woman replied even dogs wait for the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.
    then, again, we know of the Jews's historical bias against Samaritans.
    After the resurrection, and on the finishing of His mission and task here, he gave His disciples the command to go and preach the gospel to EVERY CREATURE which did not mean just EVERY INDIVIDUAL but essentially meant ALL nations and RACES.
    In Paul's lingo, "to the Jew first, and also to the Greek".
    Christ now having redeemed all whom He was sent to redeem, He is now sending His apostles to go and preach this good news of a DONE, FINISHED, eternal salvation to all who have been given ears to hear, all whom the Father draws, all whom the Spirit quickens and gathers in His Name among a fallen generation, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, NATION, TRIBE, OR TONGUE.
    That is what EVERY CREATURE means.
    And the Apostles did this successfully.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John the Baptist filled with the Spirit from his mother's womb, David made to hope while on his mother's breast, Isaac born after the Spirit by the time of his weaning, Paul separated from his mother's womb to preach Christ among the Gentiles.

What does hearing the gospel have to do with being made 'spiritually alive' OR?

It's quite redundant within the scriptures that one must first be 'spiritually alive' in order to 'hear' the gospel.

#91 kyredneck, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's that.....that you have to be saved through the gospel or your not saved?

Where you coming up with these terms?

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll rephrase that into Primitive Baptist lingo:

'I do not believe faith as a condition to eternal salvation, but as a result of eternal salvation.'

To that I agree wholeheartedly.

But, our belief of, and obedience to, the gospel of Jesus Christ has EVERYTHING to do with our temporal salvation.

There is ONE salvation that has both an eternal and a temporal aspect. The eternal aspect we are totally passive in. The temporal aspect we are very much active in.

#93 kyredneck, Jan 15, 2014
  14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're misunderstanding, maybe I wasn't clear, I DESPISE the horrendous lie of hardline restrictivism.

No one is going to hell due to of lack of 'head knowledge'.

#94 kyredneck, Jan 15, 2014
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK....Thanks. Note that I agree with you.

16. OldRegular

Please note I did not mention the Gospel!

But Scripture tells us:

Romans 1:16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Under the new Covenant, in the NT canon, there is NO mention of a sinner getting saved apart from receiving Jesus as their Lord/saviour thru faith in Him!

18. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

When Peter was sent from the house top to preach Jesus to Cornelius in order for them to be saved should be enough scripture for one to realize God chose the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. I would like evidence if anyone on this planet has ever been saved that has never heard the name of Jesus in their life time.

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cornelius before the gospel was preached to him:

Cornelius...a devout man...that feared God....who gave much alms....and prayed to God always.

Don't you think it's pretty obvious that God had already wrought within Cornelius BEFORE he came to Christ? You know, as described in Jn 3:21:

"But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God."

What the vast majority of folks fail to see is the significance of Peter's exclamation in Acts 10:34,35

"And Peter opened his mouth and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is acceptable to him."

What the vast majority of folks fail to see concerning the account given of Cornelius is that it is the beginning of the fulfillment of Christ's words in Jn 10:16

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd."

Cornelius was a sheep of 'another fold', i.e., THE GENTILES, in the same vein as Paul described of this 'other fold' outside of the Mosaic Covenant in Ro 2:13-15:

"for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified: (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them)"

"the Spirit where he willeth doth blow....thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit."

Christ was not implementing a 'new' thing there, He was revealing a mystery from of old.

20. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gospel salvation, entrusted to those who are spatially, geographically, and chronologically challenged, and can only preach to, teach, and reach so much number in their lifetime about the GOOD NEWS that the Creator God, whose Name many of them might not have known, had condescended to dwell with sinners, stepping out of eternity into time, that He might make possible their dwelling in eternity with Him, fallen creatures of time that they are.

EETERNAL SALVATION. Entrusted to the care of The Eternal Son by the Eternal Father. The blood of the Eternal Son being the One and Only vehicle by which the sins of creatures of time may be atoned for ONCE for ALL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.