1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"a walk to remember"movie

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by charles, Aug 8, 2002.

1. charles

charles New Member

Hi everyone,
    I wonder if any of you have seen the movie"a walk to remember".I thought I had been to the twilight zone after watching this movie.

I can't imagine a movie now-a-days that would be almost entirely cuss free and with no sex scenes.A movie that showed honor to the christian faith and a bond of love between a preacher and his daughter(without any rebellion).And a young couple in love that did not give in to having sex.

I just thought it was worth bragging on,since that's the kind of movies we've been pushing for.

God bless,Charles

2. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen the book of the same name(can't remember the author, though), and I think it was loosely based upon the author's personal experience of growing up on the North Carolina coast.

3. brisco

brisco New Member

I did see this movie about 2 weeks ago. I agree with you! It was very very nice.

Elaine W

4. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Ditto.

A very refreshing teen movie.

5. charles

charles New Member

Did anyone but me become teary eyed?

I never would have rented this movie if I knew that it had it's sad parts(I like movies that are an escape from reality).But I'm so thankful,I did rent it.Wouldn't it be a great movie for some young man to carry his date that he wanted to bond with.Cussing,nudity and sex and violence is not the kind of atmosphere to bond with a sweetie.

God bless,Charles

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I saw this movie on the shelves at Blockbuster but was afraid to get it because I'm thinking...hollywood...love story...can't be good. But with all of your recommendations, I'll have to rent it sometime.

Bro. Adam

7. BornAgain

BornAgain New Member

I just rented this movie last night. It was wonderful and yes, I did get teary eyed. I had heard that it was a good movie, but never got a chance to see it at the theater.

I would highly recommend this movie to anyone.

8. Grace

Grace New Member

I saw the Movie, and really liked it. The only problems I had with it were that it never directly said that the guy became a Christian, and it was one of those movies that makes a girl wish a guy would treat her like that.
    The book is by Nicholas Sparks. It's different than the movie, but still good.

9. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I watched it last night. An interesting movie. Good music (switchfoot), but I agree, while I understand that they do not want to alienate the non-Christian world, they could have done a better job addressing faith.

Bro. Adam