1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Walk Worthy of Him

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by blackbird, Dec 1, 2003.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I have been preaching a series of messages through the little epistle of 1 John---titled "The Fellowship of Our Lord Jesus Christ!"

Below is a nutshell of a part of message from 1 John 2:6, "He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked."

Think about the walk of Jesus!

--and how He walked into that Temple as a 12 year old---and dazzled and amazed and astonished the brightest Theologians of His day! That walk was in keeping with His Father's business!

--and how He walked down into muddy Jordan as a 30 year old---John the Baptizer proclaiming--"It ought to be the other way around, Jesus!! You ought to be baptizing me!!!" That walk was in keeping with His Father's good pleasure!!

--and how He walked up Calvary's Hill as a 33 year old!! That walk was in keeping with His Father's demand for HOLY sacrifice!!

Let me mention three different ways we can "walk--even as He walked!"

(1) THERE'S THE WALK OF GOOD WORKS

Ephesians 2:10

The word "ordained" here in this verse means "a set predetermined pattern!! I think about the stars of the universe--they follow a set orbit! Those stars don't just glide in just any ole direction on their own!

God's work through the Believer is not done haphazardly but intentionally and purposefully to accomplish His will!

(2) THE WALK OF WORTHINESS

Colossians 1:10

Jesus said in John 8:29, "For I do always those things that please Him."

Everyday we wake to a new day we need to ask ourselves--

--How is the decisions I make today going to move to please the Father?
    --Is where I'm fixing to go--going to bring pleasure to Him?
    --Is what I'm fixing to do--going to bring pleasure to Him?
    --Is what I'm thinking right now--bringing pleasure to Almighty God?

Our decisions in life are to be based--not on how it will bring US pleasure but rather on how pleasing it will be to the Father!!

(3) THE WALK OF WISDOM

Colossians 4:5

That word "wisdom" in this verse means--"the knowledge of how to regulate one's relationship with God."

And it carries this idea:

--the same way you carry yourself in front of God-do THAT in front of the world you face!!

--the same way you behave yourself in front of God--behave like THAT in front of the world you face!

--the same way you handle yourself in front of God--handle yourself in front of the world you face!!