1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A warning to teenagers

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KeithKorg19, Sep 11, 2004.

1. KeithKorg19

KeithKorg19 New Member

Hello, all!
    I am back from a summer spent traveling abroad. I had a great time. If you want some really great food I would recommend going to Tokyo. A little expensive, but worth it.

Anyways as I was going to say..
    I would just like to give a warning to all of you who are approaching the college age.
    For those of you who are still young (ie. highschool), enjoy and make the most of your time. Things only get more complicated and stressful as you get older. When you are young and haven't been exposed to worldly temptations like you will be in college, it is really easy to think that you are invincible to those kinds of things. When I was younger (I am still young) I didn't think I would ever be struggling with drugs and alcahol or sex, but those are things that I face all the time. It is just a gradual shift. You become more comfortable with the sin around you and soon you start to indulge in it. One day you are playing waterguns with your friends, the next day you are passed out on the bathroom floor.

So take it from me, if you are not careful sin can become prevalent in your life. And YES, it can happen to you. Even if you don't think it will. So just be careful.

2. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Well, thank you for the advice. I can't even imagine myself getting into drugs or alcohol or anything like that, but I know that it happens. It's always good to remember that it does happen, and if I did mess up like that I would have to suffer the consequences!

Becca

3. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

I agree Keith. I go to a Baptist college, yet the sin is still amazingly prevalent. Good luck to all the rising college kids. Not everyone's integrity will survive.

If you feel your self slipping, go on the defensive. Surround yourself with fellow Christians.

4. lindz

lindz New Member

always be defensive. you are always surrounded by temptation. even if you are in a Christian situation. always be defensive!! i know that it is the best thing you can do for yourself. ask the Lord to help you be on the look out for temtation.

lindsay- phil. 4:13

5. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Lindsay youre profile says you are from Ind? Indiana I assume. Which part? I used to live in Martinsville

6. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Jodo do you go to Bob Jones?

7. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

how about we go to CHristian colleges?! sounds new doesn't it?!

seriously though;... you can be tempted regardless of what college you go to, but going to a Christian college with strong rules and good Christian morrals, you'll be fine as long as you stay in touch with God about it

8. JesusInFirstPlace

Even in a lot of Christian colleges people mess up big time. You still have to be careful, even at Christian colleges.

9. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

No, I go to Charleston Southern University.

10. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

All right just wondering. One of my friends brothers is down there, at BoJo and I was just thinking that you might be down there. He dosen't have any friends. it is sad...

11. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Where exactly is Bob Jones? I have heard of it, but don't know where it is. Well, have him IM me if he needs someone to talk to. if he is close by, I would be happy to go do something with him. Everyone needs someone.

12. JesusInFirstPlace

I think it's in Greenville, SC

13. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

All right thanks. I will see what I can do.
    Are you close to Greenville?

Matt

14. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

No, three hours away.

15. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

bump!!!! becca your going to college you need to read this thread. for all rising freshmans own good

16. JesusInFirstPlace

I've read it before (and posted in it!). Do you have something against freshmen? Like do you make fun of freshmen? I always hated it when upperclassmen were all "stupid freshmen" on me when I was a frosh. But now I see why they did! Freshmen get sooo annoying!!! (at least at my school). They are so immature, and try to impress everyone by being stupid. But that is just a generalization, so all you frosh out there don't get mad!!!

17. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Freshmen are kinda goofy. But what would we do without them?

18. JesusInFirstPlace

Pick on sophies???

19. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Yeah but Sophies are silly to. They try to the hardest to be mean to the freshies so that the freshies can feel the pain they went through.

20. JesusInFirstPlace

Yeah, those poor frosh! But if there were no freshies or sophies, then YOU would be the one to pick on! ha ha!

Becca