1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A way into Iran

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by On the Edge, May 23, 2006.

1. On the Edge

On the Edge New Member

Iran is almost impossible to get into. Especially with the tensions that have risen up recently. But a passion I have is for closed countries and finding a way in.

We hired a man from Iran a couple weeks ago at the hotel I work at to pay for college expenses (food, gas etc) He informed me that a Russian citizen or an Iranian citizen can go back and forthe between the two countries with no visa. So train the Russians to go and you can get into Iran. So pray for laborers.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hoo, boy. Iran is one country I certainly wouldn't want to try to be a missionary in. I'm glad God called me to Japan, which is Gospel-hardened enough as it is. If someone can find a Russian Christian to get in, more power to them. I'm sure it would be impossible to go in as an ostensible missionary, though.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

yes, and we need to pray for the Baptist pastors currently working there and in other Muslim countries in underground churches. They are truly in danger every day.

4. On the Edge

On the Edge New Member

It is impossible to go in as a missionary but much like China there are ways around the doors. As an American, its difficult, practically impossible to even visit. This coworker mentioned his aunt has 2 passports. One from the States and one from Iran. She flies to the UK stops by her mom's house drops off one passport and gets the other. If she were to try to enter into Iran with a US passport she'd automatically be pulled off to the side and questioned. (this actually happened to my coworker before)
    We as Christians must stop being in this defeated mentality. The door is closed, but surely there is a way around it. as the Bible says, "we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go."

The task before us is not as great as the power behind us.