1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Abolish the ERLC"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So on what grounds should it be abolished?

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here's what some like the P&P folks are saying. Russell Moore to Speak at George Soros Event

In short: The argument is that The ERLC (presupposing it should ever have existed in the first place) has gone full-bore SJW liberal, Marxist, gay-affirming, etc etc etc.
    You could follow the embedded hyper-links for a week until you go blind. I tend to find it tiresome after a while.

3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your statement is pure propaganda. This is the mission statement of the The National Immigration Forum
    Our Strategy - National Immigration Forum

The National Immigration Forum’s vision for the future is a 21st century immigration system that helps new Americans gain the opportunities, skills and status they need to realize their full potential.

To achieve this vision, we bring together moderate and conservative faith, law enforcement and business leaders to weigh in with media and policy makers in support of practical and commonsense immigration, citizenship and integration policies.

The Forum helps Americans advocate for the nation they seek for their children: a nation of laws and a nation of grace.

In particular, we utilize our unique Bibles, Badges and Business campaign and our innovative New American Workforce business engagement program to explain policy issues in a creative way; to execute digital and traditional grasstops and grassroots strategies that position immigrants and refugees as protectors, givers and Americans in the eyes of the public; and to advocate for a new way forward for America’s immigration

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does your mother know you are back on the computer again?

5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find Karen Swallow Prior troubling. She seems to be gay-affirming, and a research fellow in the ERLC, iirc. Russell Moore once spoke highly of her, but maybe not since she has voiced her opinion about certain things, such as the SJW movement(I think she has spoke about it), and also gay-affirming.

Here is a photo of her with her 'gay besties' and the Level Ground LGBT fund raiser...

[​IMG]

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Swallow Prior builds bridges between the extremes

"'I’m passionate about holism and balance,' she said in a recent interview with Religion News Service, citing Aristotle’s definition of virtue as the balance between extremes."

"One day she’s tweeting her thanks to the 'warm and welcoming' audience at her recent talk at Washington’s National Presbyterian Church....A couple days later, she is outlining her definition of 'biblical Christianity': 'I believe in protecting human life at all stages, stewarding all of creation humanely & well, celebrating maleness & femaleness as God created us, upholding marriage as a picture of Christ & church, holding predators accountable, welcoming aliens, and speaking the truth in love.'"

"a professor at Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University...[Swallow Prior] writes for publications like The Atlantic and the liberal website Vox.com."

"she ran in 1998 for New York lieutenant governor as the Right to Life Party candidate. But she also served on a steering committee of the Common Ground Network for Life and Choice"

"She chose to be listed among endorsers of the recent Revoice conference, a gathering of LGBTQ evangelicals. 'I know many people who are same-sex attracted but yet still believe in the traditional biblical sexual ethic, and they need our support and so I endorsed the conference,' she told RNS."

7. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's wishy-washy. She speaks out of both sides of her mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1