1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is enough to make you sick for the rest of the day? I wonder if this could be happening in the USA as well.

Excerpt:

One of the country’s leading hospitals, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated.’
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...-babies-incinerated-to-heat-UK-hospitals.html

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I'd like to believe is that the Department of Health discovered the practice and immediately banned it.

However, I'm cynical enough to believe it's more likely that the Department of Health discovered that the media found out about it, and immediately banned it....

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I lost two babies to miscarriage. One was at 8 weeks and I lost the baby at home. That baby's body is in our cesspool rotting with everything else that goes down the toilet. I tried to get the baby but not to be crude but it's very difficult to find an 8 week old baby in the product of a heavy miscarriage.

My second baby was able to be gotten by the doctor after an ultrasound at 10 weeks showed that he/she had died. We waited a week to be sure that the baby had, in fact, passed away and I had a D&C. They wanted to see why I had a second miscarriage and so tested the baby to see if everything was "OK" and it was. The baby had no genetic irregularities and we suspect I lost that pregnancy due to ceasing to take a medication that I should have kept taking (but no one knew about that at the time since it was still a new treatment for my condition). I have no idea what happened to that little one but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in a "medical waste" bag and incinerated like at this hospital. If you leave the child's body with the hospital, you MUST know that at some point it will be incinerated. I certainly don't see why anyone would be surprised by this.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Seems as though Channel 4, an independent network in London and Great Britain, sought comment from the UK's Department of Health. The request seems to have shocked the lower echelon drones who uncharacteristically kicked the request upstairs all the way the Health Minister Dr. Dan Poulter.

Read a comment supposedly posted on Facebook by a health ministry underling who said Dr. Poulter "hit the ceiling" when he learned of the NHS gruesome practice.

Like you, Don, I hope that's true. Some of the parents were apparently told the bodies were "cremated." What an irresponsible and arrogant twist of the truth!

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann - my condolences for your losses. My wife and I lost our second child to miscarriage.

What's surprising about this article is NOT that the babies were being incinerated; in fact, as I read it, cremation is the standard practice.

What was shocking about this is that the babies weren't just being cremated and the ashes disposed of -- they were being used as fuel.

If this isn't shocking, then I hereby submit that ALL deceased persons, regardless of age, should henceforth be cremated in waste-to-energy facilities. We'd cut down on the land required for cemeteries, and we'd contribute positively towards the energy crisis.

Mind you, I'm not actually proposing that; but it is the logical conclusion of what was being done at those British hospitals in that country's healthcare system -- which, as a reminder, is one of the healthcare systems we're trying to model ours after....

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It was not that they were being used as fuel but that the incinerator was additionally hooked up to a system to utilize the heat and harness it to create heat in the building. It isn't like they had a stack of babies laying there and they threw them in once in a while to stoke the fire. It just combined two systems, one that was already in place in every hospital (incinerator) and a specialized heating system that uses a resource that is already existing.

And if parents expected that their children were cremated, then they should have expected ashes to be returned to them. I expected that my baby was incinerated like the rest of the "medical waste" that they dispose of. It is not a pleasant idea but it's reality. It's also what they usually do with amputated body parts.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm not a bit surprised by this. If someone were so inclined to investigate, I'm sure they would find more rather odd practices for disposing of the aborted fetuses.

If people will murder a baby inthe womb, why are we so surprised that they will do stuff like this?

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann - from the article linked in the OP:
    But perhaps the one statement that actually addresses your final paragraph:
    I understand what you're saying: that we're letting emotion possibly make a mountain out of a molehill on this. My concern is that this is the same kind of health care system that our government is currently trying to drive us toward.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BINGO...... you win the stuffed elephant that was in the room. If we are going down the same path these Europeans are on, heaven help us all.

And you've watched the movie Soilent Green I'm gathering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't watch your video because of my rural satellite internet connection (by the way: "tiered" internet is coming, and y'all will be in the same boat I'm in. You want better access speeds, you'll have to pay for it....); but yes, I'm quite familiar with Soylent Green. And "ZPG" (Zero Population Growth). And "Rollerball." And a few other "warning films" from the late '60's and early '70's, where movies actually made social/political statements, that were sadly removed from their more recent remakes....

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes & you can also make social & political statements by making people laugh. Here are two Comedy Movies I recently saw (my cable company has added stations recently....no doubt to appease me because they also have also added a plethora of Spanish stations as well).

Danny Deckchair --Australian film

Pirate Radio-Ah er a British film (it was saved by Philip Seymour Hoffman) LOL!

Now here is the key. A Welsh actor Rhys Ifans has a staring role in both films. I said WELSH & not ENGLISH.

Rhys Ifans was born and raised in Wales, the son of teacher parents. He was educated in two Welsh language schools - Ysgol Pentrecelyn, where his mother taught, and Ysgol Maes Garmon. During his childhood, Ifans showed an interest in performing and attended youth acting school. He went on to train at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.

Honestly, both are funny & light hearted & make a statement. There is also a program I caught on cable yesterday about a Irish town who, thank the Lord, meet frequently in a pub. Quality programming but I warn you, they are Catholic. (might be difficult to watch if your an SBC) :laugh:

#11 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Were they told that they were cremated or did they misunderstand? If the children were cremated, did they ask for the cremains?

Did the other hospital have a way to dispose of the remains or did they (like other small hospitals) need to send the remains to another location for disposal.

The lack of compassion is not good and that needs to be addressed but the not being consulted about the remains is pretty common in early pregnancy loss, especially if the baby is removed through a procedure like a D&C or D&E. A mother would need to be proactive about getting the baby's remains to handle them the way she wished (a burial at home or whatever).

But I believe this has been going on for years. When I worked at a hospital 28 years ago, babies from early pregnancy loss and organs and body parts were all incinerated. I don't think that's anything new.

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slaughtering unborn children and then simply disposing of the body parts as if they are common trash is all part of the same tragedy. And all of it is pure evil.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At first I thought it was a tag line for a new horror movie, but as I began to read the article I realized that the story is about what hospitals in Great Britain have been doing with aborted babies.

“The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

“Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.”

The Bible calls this “Moloch worship.”

“As a god worshipped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites, Moloch had associations with a particular kind of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents. Moloch figures in the Book of Deuteronomy and in the Book of Leviticus as a form of idolatry (Leviticus 18:21: ‘And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Moloch’). In the Old Testament, Gehenna was a valley by Jerusalem, where apostate Israelites and followers of various Baalim and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2–6).”

After the atrocities of the Nazis, the refrain “never again” went up around the civilized world.molech_02

“At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone. . . The programme [about this atrocity], which will air tonight [in Great Britain], found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.”

Our abortion culture is responsible for this. The hospitals were only doing what was morally logical. If unborn babies are not human beings, then why all the moral fuss about burning them to heat hospitals? “[T]he Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’”

Why is it totally unacceptable? Why was it OK to extract the non-human tissue from the women and discard it as nothing more an a diseased appendix but not acceptable to use them as fuel?

Yes, officials will stop the practice, but they’ll maintain the law that a woman can kill her unborn baby and throw the remains in the trash if she wants.

The only reason the practice will be stopped is to keep the horror of the story out of the public eye.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/14885/aborted-babies-used-heat-hospitals-uk/#6ixAYyPkeDdtAfkX.99

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would hardly say that incinerating fetal remains is the same as sacrificing our children to false gods. As I said, my first miscarriage is now in my cesspool. Trust me, I wanted that baby and mourned his/her loss but he/she is gone by God's design. But I don't have the body and can't get it even if I wanted it. That is OK. My second baby lost to miscarriage was incinerated, I'm sure. I didn't sacrifice my child to a false god and to even think that is disgusting.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First you might want to read the whole article. Second you are making a bad comparison between your situation and the intentional incinerating of unborn children.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That is EXACTLY what I thought about when I read this story.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I did read the whole article and what is the difference between the intentional incinerating of my deceased unborn child and the deceased unborn children in this story?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing, that is not the comparison I was speaking of. I do not remember you saying you did that.