1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion and Bicycle Helmets

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bible-boy, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I was listening to Dr. Dean Adell's radio show the other night and he got into a conversation with his Program Manager about wearing bicycle helmets when riding bikes. She admitted that she does not wear a helmet when she rides her bike out on the public streets. Dr. Dean was astonished. He couldn't believe she would put herself at such great risk. She said that she was not sure, but she thought that there were no laws that require a bike rider to wear a helmet in her area. He concluded the segment by saying something about using his radio show influence and professional contacts to see about getting the legislators in her area to enact a law that would require her to wear a helmet when she rides her bike.

I found this rather odd because he is always such a big supporter of the pro-choice movement and the homosexual agenda and he is constantly saying things like, "Keep your laws out of my bedroom," or "Keep your laws out of our wombs." So as he closed that segment of his show I replied to the radio in my car, "Keep your laws off my head," and just laughed.

I didn't think much more about this until last night when I heard him say both of those quotes (about the bedroom and the womb) following a discussion he had about the new CA ban on homosexual marriage. He concluded that segment of his show by bashing conservatives and Republicans who say they are smaller government and yet they pass laws like CA Prop. 8, "thereby expanding government's reach into our lives."

I thought to myself, you hypocrite, you want to keep government "out of the bedroom" and "out of women's wombs;" but, you don’t have a problem with government forcing your Program Manager to wear a bike helmet! Then I also thought it funny that he would try to associate CA Prop. 8 with increased government (in the sense that conservatives refer to limited government). Passing a state law that says the state does not recognize homosexual marriage does not mean that now there is a new government program with bureaucrats in charge of increased government taxes and spending etc. Here we see again that for some reason liberals can not make legitimate and accurate comparisons.

#1 Bible-boy, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:thumbs: :laugh:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, he got off message with his comparison and where we live you are not required to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. I don't think you'll get a bicycle law to pass???

He also wasn't completely accurate on this note, the blacks liberals voted over 70% to pass this law also. I know the black Church is not part of the evangelical bunch but it seems they serve the same God.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What? :confused:

5. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Here we see again that for some reason liberals can not make legitimate and accurate comparisons.

Maybe that's because We use the Bible and they don't to base our Facts. That don't change.

6. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I think they have a diffrent BIBLE!!

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He gave exclusive credit to conservatives and Republicans for passing Prop. 8. My comments was pointing out that Blacks voted disproportional and overwhelmingly for Prop 8 also. These black voters voted primarily for Obama who was liberal. They are also not considered to be evangelical.

So my statement was, even though the black Church isn't considered conservative or evangelical they appear to have the same moral fiber which means a guidance by the same God. IOW, God is not a God exclusively of Conservative Evangelicals.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? :confused: