1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion as "Art"

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Don, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"When confronted by three senior Yale officials, including two deans, Shvarts acknowledged that she was never pregnant and did not induce abortions, Klasky said. "

She could have just said she was never pregnant due to the backlash she received. She could have very well did it still, but is trying to save her butt now.

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think I understand the idea Don is presenting:

What if.....
    The art is not truthfully what she represents it to be....
    i.e. neither tissues of pregnancy or miscarriage...
    But, knowing it is a hoax, that is what she wants the public to think (her shocking story)
    ..... and in the concept and broad sweep with which 'art' is defined today..
    the 'real art' is her fabrication of story and design which includes the public's responses (which accepted the hoax as truth)?
    It may take me a while.... but I can 'see' that sick idea in a student's head today... and saddly think they come by their 'mind games' very naturally in the culture of modern mind games, empty promises, promoting titles which suggest the opposite of what things actually are or is meant (The 'patriot' act? for example), masking the truth in delusion or illusion. She may succeed in impressing somebody...if she has the 'right' connections.... and may even win a tax payer's grant money for furthering her 'artistc license'.

Stilll...... I think it is so sick and disgusting....
    Worse, I don't think displays of anything promoted in any way as being bodily fluids belong in any public displays no matter how bound: They are a public health hazard, their 'artist' a menace to public health promoting behaviors and exposures which places the public at risk for contagion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.